Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JcPenney's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JcPenney's

Today, I went into the store and was finally approved for the store card with a $1750 credit line. I have tried many times online in the last 2 years to be approved but was always declined.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
App_Addict
Valued Contributor

Re: JcPenney's

Great Starting CL, I have not applied for a year or so, close to doing it again just need to do a little more work on the great fico.
CURRENT SCORES: TU: 698 21 Apps / EX: 644 28 Apps / AAoA: 4.4 Yrs. / Util. 5% / Goal: 750 by 12/22

Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, the cl really surprised me.
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awsumm!!!! CL from what I hear a starting CL  like yours is hard to get everyone does not qualifiy initially for that. I opened a Macys store card recently and received a 1700 starting CL I posted it on the forum and some of the other members informed me that was a high CL. Congrats to you good luck . Credit 08
Message 4 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!!
Just curious....what changed with regards to your credit reports?
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Absolutely Nothing!Smiley Happy I only say this because I applied a few weeks ago online and was declined.

Message Edited by URDenied on 07-28-2008 06:56 PM
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. So you think it was advantageous to apply in store as opposed to online?
Message 7 of 25
shyboy
Frequent Contributor

congratulations on your new card and great CL. I like yourself also have a jc penny card. When i was approved for mine, they gave me a CL of 300 and then 6 months later then bumped it up to 1500.

Their rule to asking for a CLI is to wait 3 months with the limit they gave you, make your payment on time, dont go over your CL and after 3 months they will increase your CL.

When i got my card 300CL i asked for a CLI after 2 months of having the card but was decline cause of the limited i was with them. On the 6 month of having the account, i call to ask for a CL and they bump me to 1500.

One of the representative told me this information.

I always like to call them to ask for a CLI instead of pressing the bottom

Hopes this helps

Message Edited by shyboy on 07-28-2008 07:06 PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Getting back in the credit game after major setbacks
Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am starting to believe so.
Message 9 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I love JCPenney's. I have their card but I want my sister to apply. (She's always using my card for the discounts they frequently give cardmembers ) I think she's afraid of being denied in front of an audience. Thanks for sharing and enjoy the card. If you are good to them, they will be good to you. Smiley Happy
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.