Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jcp authorized user

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jcp authorized user

Does jcp report authorized users if they don't live in the same household?
I'm trying to figure out which card to become authorized on with my boyfriend to help my credit!
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Jcp authorized user

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm trying to figure out which card to become authorized on with my boyfriend to help my credit!

most likely it will report... sometimes I don't know how they figure it out!!!

however if you have pick for cards to get added to what major banks does he have line amex, chase or something... I would rather something like that over a store card from GE unless the limit is good and open long time....

I would probably skip being added to HSBC or Cap1 or something if he only has $300-$500 limit!?

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

He has a bank of America card with a 17k credit limit but he owes 9 grand on it so I don't want that to show on my credit. I'm trying to get him to authorize me on a better card but since we are only dating I think he is a little hesitant on authorizing me on a large card. He authorized me on his discover card but it's been two months and hasn't reported to my credit.
Message 3 of 8
Lexusct
Established Member

Your address would have match each other. But like Amex they ask for ssn and finds you.
Message 4 of 8
mindacid
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:
He has a bank of America card with a 17k credit limit but he owes 9 grand on it so I don't want that to show on my credit. I'm trying to get him to authorize me on a better card but since we are only dating I think he is a little hesitant on authorizing me on a large card. He authorized me on his discover card but it's been two months and hasn't reported to my credit.

So, a few things:

1.  Authorized users do not need to have the same address as the primary account holders.

2.  JCPenney definitely reports on AU's credit files.

3.  If you're "only dating", getting involved in each other's credit is an incredibly bad idea.

4.  See item 3.

Message 5 of 8
memee1978
New Contributor

what credit score is needed for  JCP account?

hr>Starting Score: 623eq
Current Score 660TU
Goal Score:730> 660EX

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

most likely it will report... sometimes I don't know how they figure it out!!!

however if you have pick for cards to get added to what major banks does he have line amex, chase or something... I would rather something like that over a store card from GE unless the limit is good and open long time....

I would probably skip being added to HSBC or Cap1 or something if he only has $300-$500 limit!?

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@memee1978 wrote:

what credit score is needed for  JCP account?

600 and above more than likely but YMMV of course.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.