cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jcp- will adding an au with different last name and address report to bureaus?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jcp- will adding an au with different last name and address report to bureaus?

Does it report to the credit bureau if the creditor only gets the name? What is the person lives at a different address then the account holder? Jcp said they only need the name and nothing else.
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
pakman92
Established Contributor

Re: Adding an authorized user with just a name

When I was put on DW's Costco Amex as AU, they also asked for my address, I believe.   no SS #, tho.

My Starting Score: EQ: 691 (11/30/11) TU98: 726 (11/30/11)
My Current Score: EQ: 779 (04/22/13) TU08: 835 (06/03/13)
DW Starting Score: EQ: 742 (03/02/12) TU98: 748 (03/02/12)
DW Current Score: EQ: 784 (03/11/13) TU08: 775 (06/03/13)
Message 2 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Does it report to the credit bureau if the creditor only gets the name? What is the person lives at a different address then the account holder?

It varies by lender. Some connect the dots, others don't.

Different address and especially with different name might well not report, unless there's a shared address listed in the past addresses.

Which card/ bank/ lender are you considering? --or who only asked for the name?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since my mom has a jcp card that is 20 years old low utilization and never late she was going to put me as an authorized user tomorrow and when I called jcp they said they will only ask for my name. We have different last names and live at different addresses? I don't know if there is a way they can add my ssn so it would report. The csr said they don't do that but I read somewhere on this board that that's what they did. I really want her good trade line to help me!
Message 4 of 16
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

You might want to edit your thread title on the original post, something like

JC Penney: Adding an authorized user with just a name?

All you have to do is go back to your original post, click Options over on the right, select Edit, and place your cursor at the beginning of the Subject box. Then you could add the question mark at the end, if you want to get fancy.

I don't know if JCP reports AU's, but that would be a way of catching the eyes of those who do know.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do...thanks!
Message 6 of 16
m29
Regular Contributor

My DW added me as an AU on her JCP card with just giving my name and it started to report on my CR with the next billing cycle!! 

Starting Score: 8/30/11 EQ 520 TU98 593
Current Score: LO Pull 3/5/12 EQ 659 TU04 652 EX 649
LO Pull 5/26/12 EQ 656 TU04 668 EX 651
Goal Score: 700 by 12/30/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder how it works since I have a different name and address then my mother so how will I be found for credit reporting
Message 8 of 16
m29
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wonder how it works since I have a different name and address then my mother so how will I be found for credit reporting

Did a little searching and came accross this thread by Booner72, I think that basically answers your question, unless someone else has had a different experience!

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GEMONEY-and-AU-s/m-p/1036268/highlight/true#M151454

Starting Score: 8/30/11 EQ 520 TU98 593
Current Score: LO Pull 3/5/12 EQ 659 TU04 652 EX 649
LO Pull 5/26/12 EQ 656 TU04 668 EX 651
Goal Score: 700 by 12/30/12

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for finding that for me. I updated my address on transunion to match my moms so hopefully that will help
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.