Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jcpenny card re-opening

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jcpenny card re-opening

Hello everyone

I closed my jcpenny card years ago. Want to reopen. Should I apply online or in stores? Will it effect my score? Is it going to be a hard pill or soft? Thank you
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Jcpenny card re-opening

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone

I closed my jcpenny card years ago. Want to reopen. Should I apply online or in stores? Will it effect my score? Is it going to be a hard pill or soft? Thank you

Hard pull

In store sometimes better with some of these sync store cards.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone

You can apply with either option.  If approved, you can always request more from Credit Solutions.  You didn't say what your current FICO scores are.  The change in score is dependent on whether you have a thick file or thin file.  It will be a HP most likely to TU as Synchrony Bank generally pulls TU. 

Message 3 of 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Just to be clear, they are not going to "reopen" your old account, you will be applying for a new account
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you ☺️. And how long after opening the card do you guys suggest I should request a credit line increase?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:
Just to be clear, they are not going to "reopen" your old account, you will be applying for a new account

This.  I have a 20 year old JCPenney account, my oldest account on my reports. It had a zero balance. I forgot about it, and it was closed.  I've begged, but there is absolutely no way to reopen the old account.  It will fall off soon.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.