Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jcrew help

tag
ronstar7
Established Contributor

Jcrew help

Hello all,

I have had this card since October 2013 and cannot get an increase on it. (Still stuck at $250) I have tried the robot lady and luv button but nothing no matter how many times I try. All other comenity cards have given increases either by luv button or automatic. Anyone know what the deal is with JCrew? Should I just close it? Dont run a lot through it but enough to keep it open and pay it full each time.

What do I do? Close? I really dont want to because if I can get high limits like others on here I would love to keep open for utl purposes. 

Thanks in advance

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Pway
Valued Contributor

Re: Jcrew help

@ronstar7 wrote:

Hello all,

I have had this card since October 2013 and cannot get an increase on it. (Still stuck at $250) I have tried the robot lady and luv button but nothing no matter how many times I try. All other comenity cards have given increases either by luv button or automatic. Anyone know what the deal is with JCrew? Should I just close it? Dont run a lot through it but enough to keep it open and pay it full each time.

What do I do? Close? I really dont want to because if I can get high limits like others on here I would love to keep open for utl purposes. 

Thanks in advance

I agree, I have had this card for some time now and I have received nothing.  I shop there frequently and still nothing.  I just don't know.  I want to see others think of this as well.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  I am considering closing this card as well, I have seen it grow with others but no luck with me. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 2 of 10
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Every time I place an online order with J.Crew, I go press the luv button right after and have been approved for CLIs. Your mileage may vary of course but it has definitely worked for me. I started out w/a 750 CL w/them in April 2013 and it now sits at 3350. 

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 10
crtiller
Established Member

I press the luv button after each statement drops.  I started at 3200 in December of 2014 and now sit at 8050.  The only time I didn't get an increase was when I pushed the button too soon.  Be sure to wait until the statement is available online and then push the button.

Dec 2014 FICOs - EX 703 EQ 724 TU 720
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I made a mistake for applying for Old Navy and J. Crew cards; wasted two hard inquiries. I'm hoping that after two years GE/Synchrony bank will offer/invite me to PC to a Old Navy VISA. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you recieved your CLI, how much did you spend on average per month? And did you receive a hard inquirey when you requested a CLI?

Message 6 of 10
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Never a hard inquiry for me and I don't  shop that often at J. Crew anymore. Seems like I shopped w/them more before I got the card. I go months without using the card. I have spend less than $600 in the two years I've had the card.

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 7 of 10
trant3
Established Contributor

when you receive your denial letter, the score pulled, is it outdated like MANY months back? If so, I had the issue where my j crew limit would not move and had it for over a year. I noticed the SP score was outdated, sent a SM for them to update the pull. Low and behold, they SP'd me a few days after on my EQ. A few days late i hit the LUV button and it went through maybe 10 times! For data point, I never made a single purchase on the card, I dont think utlilization even matters. 

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 8 of 10
ronstar7
Established Contributor

HI and thanks for the repiles, to answer, yes I have waitied til the statement posted and sometimes when it hasnt posted. Yes I requested an updated pull as they were using a really old one. Ive tried everything and nothing works. Maybe they just feel that the limit I have is sufficient based on my usgae which is far and few but that is becuase of the low limit lol. Idk I dont even care anymore. Ill try it monthly until the new year then probably close (sigh) why dont they love me lol

Starting scores after BK (Filed 4/18/24) EQ , TU , EX

Current Scores EQ TU EX Goal 700+ across
UTL
Last Inq:
Message 9 of 10
score_building
Senior Contributor

To close a grower card like JCrew because a damaged profile with lots of new credit may be holding a card holder back from CLI in the short-term is kinda looking a gift horse in the mouth, 10 years from now it's a card which could also be a linch pin for AAoA. 

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.