Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jcrew shopping cart trick question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jcrew shopping cart trick question

Hey, I am brand new to this forum and rebuilding my credit from 5.5 years ago. I thought I had to wait seven years to apply for credit again and I did not realize that I could now until I found this forum. My question is, I was preapproved for the Jcrew card with the shopping trick method and I put about 100 in the shopping bag before approval and it said that I have a CL of 250 and my available credit will be 150 if I still wanted to use the account number before card arrived. ..... My question is, I removed most the items I didn't really care for after I was approved and just bought a pair of boxers for 20. Does that mean the Comenity bank will still charge me for the initial 100 even though I did not complete that transaction? It doesn't give me any number to call to get my balance, so I guess I might have to wait for my card to arrive with the number to call on back to see. Thank you for your help

I posted this under another section of the forums bc I didn't know which one was correct for my question

Thank you so much

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
JenniferinFL
Frequent Contributor

Re: Jcrew shopping cart trick question

They should just charge you for what you purchased.

Additionally, you don't actually have to purchase anything to complete the shopping cart trick. I've never actually done the purchase after doing the shopping cart trick, just gotten the card.

Current Cards: Cap 1 Journey $3000, Cap 1 Playstation $2250, WFNNB Store Cards $2450 combined, Target $700, CareCredit $1700, Barclay Rewards Plat. Mastercard $1800, Old Navy $300, DCU Platinum Rewards Visa $2000, Swagbucks Rewards Visa $1000

Starting Score: 615 EQ (03-15-2012) 600 TU (03-21-2012 Barclays app) ) Ch.7 discharged 5/2009

Current Score: 671 EQ (09-27-2014 DCU) 660 TU (9/26/14 Barclays) Ex 688 (10/07/2014 Swagbucks)

Gardening since 9/22/2014

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for answering my question!

Message 3 of 5
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I replied on your other thread.

Message 4 of 5
BeingMaryJane
Contributor

Does your EX report need to be unfrozen for this to work? I opted in and have been trying for weeks!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.