Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jet Blue Plus Bonus Offers

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jet Blue Plus Bonus Offers

Does anyone know how often jet blue switches up their sign up bonus offers? I am needing to buy plane tickets relatively soon but I didn’t know if I should hold out in hopes for the 50-60k offer or just go with the 40k.

Or if you have any other suggestions for travel cards I am open to other options. I usually only travel 2-3 times a year but I would like a card that I can earn points to go towards travel and have the free checked bag benefit.

Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Jet Blue Plus Bonus Offers

Picking a travel card that gives free baggage is really dependent on the airlines you fly.

Since only the cobranded airline cards actually offer free baggage.

There’s Cards with travel credits that allow them to be used to cover baggage fees, ticket upgrades etc. such as PRG, Platnium, BoA premium rewards, CSR, Altitude Reserve. But really your just getting your annual fee back with these cards. They don’t really offer free baggage like the cobranded cards do.

You would have to fly more then 4 years a year alone to make up the $95 annual fee that most cobranded cards charge. Less with family, friends booked on same ticket.

Report back with what airlines you are loyal to, if any. Would help us get an idea of what to recommend.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mainly fly jet blue or southwest. Southwest already has the free checked luggage but they are more limited on flight times sometimes.

I would be flying with my fiance most of the time so I think he would get free checked luggage if bought with the JetBlue card as well.

One unfortunate thing is I try to fly to Nashville tn from raleigh nc atleast once a year and JetBlue doesn’t seem to offer that flight
Message 3 of 7
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I’m pretty sure the JetBlue plus card gives anyone that’s traveling with you on the same ticket the fort free bag as well. Double check on that.

It’s a good car but only if you will use the benefit to justify the annual fee

Message 4 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Shadowfactorwrote:
Picking a travel card that gives free baggage is really dependent on the airlines you fly.

Since only the cobranded airline cards actually offer free baggage.

There’s Cards with travel credits that allow them to be used to cover baggage fees, ticket upgrades etc. such as PRG, Platnium, BoA premium rewards, CSR, Altitude Reserve. But really your just getting your annual fee back with these cards. They don’t really offer free baggage like the cobranded cards do.

You would have to fly more then 4 years a year alone to make up the $95 annual fee that most cobranded cards charge. Less with family, friends booked on same ticket.

Report back with what airlines you are loyal to, if any. Would help us get an idea of what to recommend.

How do you fly 4 years in a year? Smiley Wink 

Message 5 of 7
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

I’ve been doing that a lot lately.
My fiancé gets on me about it all the time 😂

Message 6 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, after i type my post sometimes after i post i see how bad my grammar is, these touch letters on a smart phone so close together i wouldnt be suprised if i flew international across state linesSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.