Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JetBlue Plus downgrade

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

JetBlue Plus downgrade

Hello everyone,

I recently got approved for the JetBlue 60k offer. Just wondering if anyone has tried to PC their JetBlue Plus into the NO AF JetBlue card. Can't really justify the $99 AF for this card. Couple questions:

1. Does Barclays HP for PC?

2. Do you get to keep your trueblue points?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
csryang
Frequent Contributor

Re: JetBlue Plus downgrade

I dont have JetBlue cards but I have had Aviator Red card (American Airline) - I think they should be similar. 

Yes you can downgrade I believe but it really depends on the representative that you speak with - you need to keep calling and hopefully get lucky. Also, I think you need to at least have your card for 1 year before downgrading. Upon downgrading, they could waive the annual fee. 

Yes I believe you get to keep the points. The points you earn will save on JetBlue end, not on Barclaycard end. So you close the card or change the card will not do anything with your points. And I think JetBlue points have no expiration date once you earn them. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

Hello everyone,

I recently got approved for the JetBlue 60k offer. Just wondering if anyone has tried to PC their JetBlue Plus into the NO AF JetBlue card. Can't really justify the $99 AF for this card. Couple questions:

1. Does Barclays HP for PC?

2. Do you get to keep your trueblue points?

Thanks!

I have the regular Jetblue Card. I took 2 trips last yr and paid for baggage fees, I actually wished I appd for the Jetblue Plus.

Thank Goodness Barclay invited me to upgrade to the Plus in which I did not hesitate to upgrade.

You also get $100 credit for any vacation package you buy from JetBlue.

Message 3 of 4
CJ7
Frequent Contributor

I just downgraded from the plus after a year. The front line CSR will transfer you to the retention dept.

Wasn't too difficult.  The Plus is a fairly good deal but I'm no longer in their footprint so it didn't make

sense for me to pay $99 for 5000 points I'm not likely to use, at least any time soon.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.