JetBlue rewards card offer

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: JetBlue rewards card offer

@fedxboy wrote:

@waynes1982 wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I sent Barclays a message asking why I'm required to spend $1500 a month, while others are only required to spend $250 or $500.

I'm wondering if this is based off the limits on the cards... My limit on my card is only $1900, so that must have something to do with that. They figure if I put $1500 on my card it would max it out, vs someone with a higher limit wouldn't...just my two cents.

@I don't think that's it as my limit is only 2k -- the same as it was with Amex.  I didn't care about the 2k limit with Amex since the card was backdatedSmiley Very Happy  Still have the Hilton Amex @ 2k and the BCE @ 6k. 

Yeah well maybe the credit limit is a factor. My credit limit is larger -- $9900. Your required monthly spend of $500, while higher than waynes, is much lower than mine.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 21 of 25
Officer737
Established Contributor

@fedxboy wrote:

The promotion is to spend $500 in each upcoming month May, June, and July to get 5000 miles.   I like B737's offer better and he has a much better card!   I think we got the short end of the stick in this transfer from Amex and even lost a backdated cardSmiley Sad

I think you guys got messed over the deal here. It's weird that new accounts got a better promo than ones being converted over did but maybe it was because of promo deals when you got when you first accepted the Amex card?

Message 22 of 25
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Officer737 wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

The promotion is to spend $500 in each upcoming month May, June, and July to get 5000 miles.   I like B737's offer better and he has a much better card!   I think we got the short end of the stick in this transfer from Amex and even lost a backdated cardSmiley Sad

I think you guys got messed over the deal here. It's weird that nNoNew accounts got a better promo than ones being converted over did but maybe it was because of promo deals when you got when you first accepted the Amex card?

No the JetBlue card we got had advantages over the ones that were offered to the public. And yes we all got some kind of bonus when we signed up for the JetBlue Amex. So no complaint there on my part.

It's just weird that we've all gotten such different versions of this 5000 bonus point offer.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 23 of 25
Officer737
Established Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Officer737 wrote:

@fedxboy wrote:

I think you guys got messed over the deal here. It's weird that nNoNew accounts got a better promo than ones being converted over did but maybe it was because of promo deals when you got when you first accepted the Amex card?

No the JetBlue card we got had advantages over the ones that were offered to the public. And yes we all got some kind of bonus when we signed up for the JetBlue Amex. So no complaint there on my part.

It's just weird that we've all gotten such different versions of this 5000 bonus point offer.

Hmmm my only other guess is that maybe theu are "tiered" somehow? Maybe depending on the person who processed the conversion or something. I know Barclay likes to do things manually and seems to only use the auto options for online approvals. 

Message 24 of 25
Atonswife
Contributor

I received my offer in the mail today. 5,000 bonus points with 500 spend each month. My limit is $5k.
As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.