Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jewelry Financing/CC Help

tag
NP27
Established Contributor

Jewelry Financing/CC Help

Hi,

I need help with jewelry financing. Scores as of today. EQ 610 TU 630 EX 609. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jewelry Financing/CC Help

Do you need to buy a wedding ring or xmas gift?  Where are you planning on buying it at?

Message 2 of 43
NP27
Established Contributor

I need a ring! I am open to different stores except Kay and Jared
Message 3 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try Helzberg Diamonds, their quality is great and pricing is better than Kay or Jared.  

Message 4 of 43
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Honestly, I would look at Overstock.com.  Their prices beat other retailers and their store card is easy to get approved for.  You may even be able to get the card without a HP if it pops up and says that you're pre-approved at checkout. They also offer 6 months no interest or 12 months no interest, depending on how much you spend.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mrsjr wrote:

Honestly, I would look at Overstock.com.  Their prices beat other retailers and their store card is easy to get approved for.  You may even be able to get the card without a HP if it pops up and says that you're pre-approved at checkout. They also offer 6 months no interest or 12 months no interest, depending on how much you spend.

This.

Message 6 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NP27 wrote:
Any suggestions?

Yes: if you can't afford to pay cash for jewelry (or better yet use a cashback bearing CC) then don't buy it at all.

Message 7 of 43
NP27
Established Contributor

Yes: if you can't afford to pay cash for jewelry (or better yet use a cashback bearing CC) then don't buy it at all.

Thank you for that great information. You know what, maybe I should just pay cash for it like I paid cash for my car and my house. I don't know what I was thinking. Stupid me.
Message 8 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NP27 wrote:

Thank you for that great information. You know what, maybe I should just pay cash for it like I paid cash for my car and my house. I don't know what I was thinking. Stupid me.

If you can pay cash, why ask for financing? Use a Cash CC and PIF.

Message 9 of 43
SteveUrkel
Frequent Contributor

Sarcasm

*22 Years Old* Started my credit at age 19
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature- $9,200 II TFCU - $2,500 II Amex BCE - $2,400 II Paypal Extras Mastercard - $7,600 II American Eagle VISA - $3300 II Best Buy Visa - $3,000 II Chase Slate - $500
Message 10 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.