Anonymous
Not applicable
mrsjr
Regular Contributor

Re: Jewelry Financing/CC Help

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NP27 wrote:

Thank you for that great information. You know what, maybe I should just pay cash for it like I paid cash for my car and my house. I don't know what I was thinking. Stupid me.

So you found the answer to your question. You NEED a house, you NEED a car but do you really NEED jewelry you can't afford to pay out of pocket?

I pay my house cash each month (because I rent). I paid my car with a cashback credit card (and paid that back with money from my bank account the next day). Our wedding rings are worth $49 each from eBay and they're tungsten-carbide so they're gonna last forever. Nuff said?

I don't think he came for a lecture about his finances.  He asked a very simple question.  Maybe he wants to buy his wife or g/f something very nice for Christmas and he feels that's it's important to do so.  Not up to you to up judge .  By the way a car is not a NEED.  If you didn't have anything constructive to say maybe it would have been better not to hit the post button.

I agree.  He did not ask for our opinion about whether he should or shouldn't purchase jewelry.  That's his business.  He asked for advice about financing.

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 739 TU
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 23 of 43
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Do I need to remind anyone of forum etiquette....friendly, supportive and respectful?

Friendly-Supportive-and-Respectful

Hopefully, not.

Lexie, myfico Moderator 

Message 24 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apologies for anything that I said that was out of line.

Message 25 of 43
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

It wasn't you.

Message 26 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MarineVietVet wrote:

It wasn't you.

Was it me? Smiley Happy

I agree w/Julian on the tungsten carbide btw.

However, I do believe it IS the OP's choice as to what to spend their money on. And if it that means buying jewelry for a cost far exceeding the cost of materials, then so be it. It's their money.

Message 27 of 43
ak_7vytr0
Frequent Contributor

I agree with Ron on blue Nile.. Give them a shot.. Kay is known to approve with mid to low 600s also.. I just ordered my lady a nice ring from Blue Nile.. Have yet to see it but ill follow up when they deliver it.. Fwiw I was auto approved for 6.5k and reconned to 15k

outta the garden.. for a house Smiley Very Happybr>Current score - eq 682(myfico) ex 703(ex 02) Tr 701 (tr 04) ck fako 66)
In the wallet - freedom 6k - Marriot 16.3k - Ak Airlines 25k - Bass pro MC (BofA) 12.5k - Amex SPG 18k - Amex Everday 11.7k - Amex BC 1K - Barclay Rewards 4k Newegg preferred 2.4k - Cabelas 2k - Diners Club Elite 15k -Diners Club Premier 15k - CU1 15K -Blue Nile 15k - Lowes 17k... HD 10k
Message 28 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Isn't blue nile backed by comenity?

Shouldn't be too difficult to get if so.

Message 29 of 43
NP27
Established Contributor

@ak_7vytr0 wrote:
I agree with Ron on blue Nile.. Give them a shot.. Kay is known to approve with mid to low 600s also.. I just ordered my lady a nice ring from Blue Nile.. Have yet to see it but ill follow up when they deliver it.. Fwiw I was auto approved for 6.5k and reconned to 15k

Is it this a HP?  If so, is it instant approval?  Is that what you mean by auto approved?  lol.  sorry.  I am assuming thats what you meant.

Message 30 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.