Established Member
ajhno

Jewelry card blacklist?

I was wondering if the Sterling jewelry group (Weisfield/Kay/another one I forget) blacklists people that were COed? 4-5 years ago?

Contributor
tmoney

Re: Jewelry card blacklist?

Sterling has a long memory..I applied for a Kays card in Feb 08 and was declined. I aclled called for a recon

and was told I charged off a account in 1988.Fotunately I was still a teenager and had no knowledge of account

I think it was a family member but provided ID in store and was aapproved for 3,000 cl. .Asked for a CLI six months

later and they still refrence that account with me.Got it straight and they increase my limit to 4,800 and sent me

a second card with new account number with 4,800 CL. Now i have two cards 1 with 4800 CL and 1 just increased

to 7600 CL.

Frequent Contributor
elaine829

Re: Jewelry card blacklist?

MY husband had a card in the 90's that was charge off and he  applied last year forgetting that he had a account with them back then. He was denied  . So they have a long memory.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+