rossusa
Established Member

Re: John Deere Financial?

Interesting, I wonder why?

Message 11 of 16
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Well that might be a plus in your favor that they do not report, Utilization will not hurt your scores!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 16
cottontop
Contributor

Personally,  I think it is because many of  their main customers, who are farmers, operate as sole proprietors and use their personal name or SSN.

CaseIH Credit on the other hand reports EVERYTHING.  I used to have primarily Case Equipment, and evey note showed on my personal credit.  When you have several hundred thousand dollars of business debt obligations(equip installment notes and parts revolving accts) showing on your personal report it makes mortgages & credit apps a nightmare.  You can have perfect credit and have a 680 score for obsessive obligations.  Imagine applying for a CC putting 50k as household income and they pull your credit and show $85,000 worth of installment payments due.

My score never topped 700 till I switched to a LLC and all those Case notes showed payed.  Now only my house, vehicles and CC show on my report.  My hope is someone high up in JD realizes this and continues their current non-reporting policy.  As most customers are farmers and would be adversely affected by their reporting.

Some additional info, they typically check TU, are very lienient on credit especially with a history with them regardless of score.

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 13 of 16
rossusa
Established Member

John Deere has been very good to me, simple approval and a CLI after just a few months.

Message 14 of 16
rossusa
Established Member

Here is John Deere's answer to my email:

Thank you for your email.  John Deere Financial has made the business decision to discontinue reporting to the three major credit bureau agencies.  We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.  

If you are applying for credit with another company, we would be happy to provide a credit reference with your permission.  Written requests for a credit reference may be submitted via fax to 800-592-5291.  A response will be sent within 24-48 hours.

Message 15 of 16
boomhower
Valued Contributor

If I knew they didn't report I may have night a Deere instead of a Husky last week...
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.