cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join a Credit Union, ap their Visa, check experian score?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Join a Credit Union, ap their Visa, check experian score?

It's a business deal with Experian. I'm sure that if a credit union is willing to give money to a CRA, the CRA will be a whole lot more agreeable to the publishing/ release of its score.

Chase is now piloting a similar project, although they will only give you a ten-point score range, instead of the exact score. And that was Chase's decision (to do the range), not Experian's requirement.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

It all just seems both so criminal and childlike to me. It may not be a great injustice but it is a most blatant one.
Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I work for a credit union in Michigan. We pull Experian. We are extremely careful about what we do when it comes to following the law. We have never been instructed not to share what bureau we pull or what a member's score is, if they should ask. We have recently moved to risk based lending and find it unfair to base a loan decision on a member's score but not share what it is. I even go as far as to go over whatever concerns or items they don't understand to help them out. I think this "law" is unfair to consumers, IMHO.
Message 23 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I work for a credit union in Michigan. We pull Experian. We are extremely careful about what we do when it comes to following the law. We have never been instructed not to share what bureau we pull or what a member's score is, if they should ask. We have recently moved to risk based lending and find it unfair to base a loan decision on a member's score but not share what it is. I even go as far as to go over whatever concerns or items they don't understand to help them out. I think this "law" is unfair to consumers, IMHO.

Excellent contribution and thank you. Wecome to the board.

May I ask as to what law you are refering?

Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank yoi for the warm welcome. The one mentioned earlier in the thread.
Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.