Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joined DCU & Pre-approval for Visa Credit Card

tag
hardworkpaysoff
Established Member

Joined DCU & Pre-approval for Visa Credit Card

I decided to join DCU, in order to establish a relationship with a credit union, and during the application it said I was pre-approved for an auto loan up to $30,000 (woo!) and a credit card up to $5,000. I plan to purchase a new car in august, so at the least the pre-approval is nice to see. I went ahead and bit the bait and marked the box to include the credit card in my application.

Anyone have any experience with this new membership pre-approval? Do you think I can call in the morning to see if it was actually approved? I have short credit history and a lot of inquiries (high single digits), but no baddies.

What will DCU want from me for the regular membership?

Latest FICO Score(s): EQ 726 (Lender, 6/13), EX 672 (Dealer, v3 Auto, 5/13), TU 702 (Dealer, Auto 04, 5/13)

U.S. Bank Cash Rewards ($1000), Capital One Visa Platinum ($750), Discover it for Students ($650), American Express Green (NPSL), DCU Visa Platinum ($3000).
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Joined DCU & Pre-approval for Visa Credit Card

I may join them also. They only pull EQ correct?
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you decide to get your car later you are aware you are looking at a total of 3 HPs?
Message 4 of 7
hardworkpaysoff
Established Member

Yes I am aware. After the car, I'll be in the garden to get all my hard pulls to drop off.

Latest FICO Score(s): EQ 726 (Lender, 6/13), EX 672 (Dealer, v3 Auto, 5/13), TU 702 (Dealer, Auto 04, 5/13)

U.S. Bank Cash Rewards ($1000), Capital One Visa Platinum ($750), Discover it for Students ($650), American Express Green (NPSL), DCU Visa Platinum ($3000).
Message 5 of 7
ElCamino
Contributor

Make sure your membership is approved before apping for anything else.

Some people have had difficulty joining DCU, and if you app for the loan or CC you will be burning extra inquiries for things you won't be eligible for if they don't grant you membership.

Amex BCE: $16.5k, Discover It: $5k, Chase Freedom Visa: $10k, Fidelity Amex: $7.5k, PenFed Cash Rewards Visa: $3.5k, CapOne Union Plus MC: $4.5k, Barclays Upromise MC: $5k, BoA Cash Rewards 123 MC: $1.5k
Message 6 of 7
hardworkpaysoff
Established Member

I called up, and got some information. Approved for $3,000, woo!

Hopefully my membership goes through, I don't forsee any issues though.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.