LesWH
Established Contributor

Re: Joined PenFed yesterday!!

@Ron1 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just joined Penfed after I read your post. I also applied for the credit card over the phone and I didn't get instant decision. The application forwarded to loan officer. Hopefully, I will hear from them within a day or two.

Ron.

Mine did the same thing, but only because I had a fraud alert on my EQ report.  I had to call them and after the call it was immediately approved.  I never actually spoke to a loan officer.  I also got the EMV chip, which I know nothing about!Woman LOL

Congrats on your approval!!!I didn't have EQ fraud alert.  I only had 4 inq on my EQ.  My EQ  FICO score was 801.  I applied over the phone for Platinum Rewards Visa and I didn't get instantly approved.  By the way, EMV chip is for travelling outside of country use.  I have to call them back to setup the pin later on today.

Ron.

I set up the pin during the online app.  With 801 and 4 inquiries you are sure to be approved!  My EQ FICO is 734.

It didn't ask me to setup the pin. By the way, the utilization is 0%-1%.

Ron.

My utilization is currently 2%.  So I say again, you should have no problem.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

GC Challenge: App Free since 1/8/13. No more apps til 2014

Message 31 of 96
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@LesWH wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just joined Penfed after I read your post. I also applied for the credit card over the phone and I didn't get instant decision. The application forwarded to loan officer. Hopefully, I will hear from them within a day or two.

Ron.

Mine did the same thing, but only because I had a fraud alert on my EQ report.  I had to call them and after the call it was immediately approved.  I never actually spoke to a loan officer.  I also got the EMV chip, which I know nothing about!Woman LOL

Congrats on your approval!!!I didn't have EQ fraud alert.  I only had 4 inq on my EQ.  My EQ  FICO score was 801.  I applied over the phone for Platinum Rewards Visa and I didn't get instantly approved.  By the way, EMV chip is for travelling outside of country use.  I have to call them back to setup the pin later on today.

Ron.

Is this a real Chip&PIN, or chip&signature with the PIN for ATM?   I have just sent Penfed a message asking if I can get an EMV version as the card I have doesn't have it.

Message 32 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

Thanks for your reply. How long did you have to wait for the decision?

Ron.

Message 33 of 96
RemyWinchester
Contributor

I also applied for the plat rewards card for the EMV.  I just got back from the UK and it's basically a necessity (to have an Chip and Pin)

I already have two cards with PenFed.  The Amex Defender and the Plat Cash. 

I dont want to give up the 5% cash on gas, and PenFed cannot just upgrade my plat cash to EMV version, saying I had to apply for it directly.  Not happy about that. 

It remains to be seen whether they will give me a 3rd card.  My combined CLs on the two cards are lower than any other single card I have, so I think PenFed doesnt like me too much.... 

Message 34 of 96
RemyWinchester
Contributor

Ive also been a card member for 2 years.... I believe my EX is around 724

Message 35 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

Thanks for your reply. How long did you have to wait for the decision?

Ron.

I applied yesterday afternoon.  It was approved this morning right before I posted about it.

NFCU Signature Visa Cash Rewards, NavChek, Citi AA AMEX, Cap1 Cash Rewards, Discover IT, Home Depot, Sears, Walmart, Chase Freedom, AMEX Green, Lowe's, AMEX BCE, Chase Sapphire Preferred, AMEX Hilton Honors Surpass, PayPal Extras MC, PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards, AMEX Platinum

Message 36 of 96
ricefed
Contributor

Do they hard pull for membership? If so who day they pull and do the use the same pull for a credit app if done within the same day? Debating if I should join now or next month. I'm already a member of voices for our troops.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 37 of 96
LesWH
Established Contributor

@ricefed wrote:
Do they hard pull for membership? If so who day they pull and do the use the same pull for a credit app if done within the same day? Debating if I should join now or next month. I'm already a member of voices for our troops.

yes they HP Equifax for membership and they use the same HP for the next 90 days.

Message 38 of 96
ricefed
Contributor

Great thanks. Ill have all my Christmas bills paid of next month so I better wait lol.
NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 39 of 96
Ron1
Super Contributor

@LesWH wrote:

@ricefed wrote:

yes they HP Equifax for membership and they use the same HP for the next 90 days.

I didn't know they used the same HP for membership and credit card.  She asked me for permission to pull credit report for credit card.  They might pull twice. 

Ron.

Message 40 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.