Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining PSECU-Welcome to PSECU!!

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

Re: Joining PSECU-Welcome to PSECU!!

What goes around, comes around.  ( Karma )

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 101 of 105
DI
Super Contributor

There are several posts in the General Credit and Rebuilding Credit forums that has ZERO responses..  Rather than focusing your  time insinuating something  is unethical,  do the board some good and answer those who need help questions.   I ignored this thread yesterday and it went away.   My biggest concern is  Wade, James, Bosh and Dampier winning the NBA championship for Miami.  I could careless wheather something is ethical or unethical. 

Message 102 of 105
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

DI - Would you PM me the email address you sent your app to and to the extent of how you worded you email? Curious as I'd like to send via email as well.

Message 103 of 105
DI
Super Contributor

@UFGuy2006 wrote:

DI - Would you PM me the email address you sent your app to and to the extent of how you worded you email? Curious as I'd like to send via email as well.

You may contact PSECU via its website. 

Message 104 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

There are several posts in the General Credit and Rebuilding Credit forums that has ZERO responses..  Rather than focusing your  time insinuating something  is unethical,  do the board some good and answer those who need help questions.   I ignored this thread yesterday and it went away.   My biggest concern is  Wade, James, Bosh and Dampier winning the NBA championship for Miami.  I could careless wheather something is ethical or unethical. 

To be perfectly honest, and clear, DI, failing to meet the membership requirements, and gaining membership to a credit union by less than honest means & intent is both unethical, and fraud-- particularly where a person stands to gain something of value from the deceit. The Federal Credit Union Act actually mandates that credit unions limit their field of membership. Not anyone can be a member, and credit unions are subject to audits, which might result in penalties when they violate their charter to offer servcies to a field of people with a "common bond(s)", or even if they don't have the appropriate controls in place to limit the membership field. That's difficult enough to do without having to combat people who intend to deceive.

And, let's not forget that credit unions are "member owned". Fraud perpetrated against the institution is a fraud upon the owners-- the people. Those who have ethically obtained membership by contribution to the community (whichever it be) have every reason to be upset/aggravated/put out by by the idea of fraud and theft. <-- And this is where I think that the issue of ethics arises. You said, "The best part, I didn't pay anything to join.  I did not join the PRPS." when you were looking for a means of getting into the field of membership here. And you certainly implied deception here, "Things happen.  Maybe there was some type of computer glitch while I  trying to join PRPS.  My information could have gotten lost in the system while I thought I was a member." You made it very clear that you did not join PRPS, period.

So, unless you've met PSECU membership otherwise, it's reasonable for myFICO members to feel incredulated, or even outraged:

You are eligible for membership at PSECU if any of the following apply to you:

• You are a family member of a PSECU member (related by blood, law, or residing in the same household as a current member).
  • Your employer, school or association offers PSECU membership as a benefit.

Further, not only would obtaining membership to a credit union by fraudulent means be unethical, discussing, bragging about, or encouraging others to do the same is a violation of the FICO Forums TOS, which specifically prohibits the discussion of illegal activities, and the User Guidelines which define a general prohibition on inappropriate material.

That said, while you don't 'owe an explanation' to the forum members, you do owe us the courtesy of keeping your posts within the lines drawn by the TOS & User Guidelines.

This thread is locked, under Moderator Review.

Message 105 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.