Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Account Question

tag
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Joint Account Question

So i was thinking about adding my BF to one of my cards as  Joint user, hes already an authorized user, but i dont think its reporting like a Joint would report.

My questions are:

1. Is he guranteed approval on being a Joint User? Like an AU is.

2. Is it a HP?

3. Would it show up as two accounts? or Just one? Considering hes already an AU.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Joint Account Question

@Skye12329 wrote:

So i was thinking about adding my BF to one of my cards as  Joint user, hes already an authorized user, but i dont think its reporting like a Joint would report.

My questions are:

1. Is he guranteed approval on being a Joint User? Like an AU is.

2. Is it a HP?

3. Would it show up as two accounts? or Just one? Considering hes already an AU.

No, he is not guaranteed as an approval.  Credit will be ran and depending on the creditor a new TL.  Keep in mind, if you decide to remove him later, that account would be closed and the process would start over again. 

Which lender?

Message 2 of 5
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Capital One is the lender.

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 3 of 5
evil_ducky
Contributor

@Skye12329 wrote:

Capital One is the lender.

As far as I know, Capital One unfortunately doesn't offer joint credit cards, only joint checking/savings accounts.

Message 4 of 5
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

I don't think Cap1 allows joint account holders anymore.  Discover on the other hand seems to allow you to add a joint without even pulling the CR's of the new user to be added.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.