Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joint Card

tag
okiesean
New Contributor

Re: Joint Card

I just always wondered if FICO took into consideration that the credit line was older than me and 19+ years older than I should have. It probably doesnt do anything but help with automated decisions but when you get a manual review it takes some explaning and they always look at me like hmm are these other cards yours or is there something fishy on them too. It did make them do a thorough second review of my loan app. So it has ups and downs. I still just have a 6000$ credit line with them for all the good it has been having it open 40+ years.

Clearly the problem of the other person running up the card or not paying it would be paramount in choosing to be an AU or Joint. OP seems fine with the idea of being joint and all the risks we have stated that go with being a joint, ....and I have heard FICO is planning on removing the score boosts for AU accounts. I have heard they are and they arent so it could go either way I guess.

Just wanted to share how my one joint account has affected me.
Good luck and hope it turns out good for you.

Message Edited by okiesean on 12-28-2009 09:47 PM
Message 11 of 12
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Joint Card

Legitimate AU accounts will not be removed from consideration in the FICO08 scoring model. FICO claims they are smart enough to know which AU accounts are legitimate and which ones are not. Knowing that they claim there are legal reasons for inclusion of AU accounts I would wager on the side of most AU's being counted as opposed to not counted.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.