Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juggling 0 percent BT offers NFCU and Penfed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juggling 0 percent BT offers NFCU and Penfed

A few weeks ago my DW was approved for a Penfed Platinum Rewards card so we transferred the balance of her NFCU card to the Penfed with the plan to set that debt aside while we worked on a couple of other cards, we don't carry a lot of balance on cards but like many we have periods where utlization creeps up to 20% or so and then we work to pay it all down.  Anyway we got a surprise in the mail the other day, NFCU sent my DW an offer for a 12 month 0% BT offer on her NFCU card with no fees so we transferred our AMEX and Citi balances to that card so now 100% of our CC debt is 0% for the next year.  It will make the payoff a little easier. Nornally NFCU does 2.9% BT offers, not sure why she got the 0% on a card thats a few years old, I didn't get the offer and I haven't really heard of anyone else here getting one but thought I would pass this on. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Re: Juggling 0 percent BT offers NFCU and Penfed

Someone posted the NFCU offer last month. Several of us took advantage of it, including me. It worked without a hitch.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Someone posted the NFCU offer last month. Several of us took advantage of it, including me. It worked without a hitch.

They offer the 0% offer at least annually and occasionally do targeted offers for it.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

They offer the 0% offer at least annually and occasionally do targeted offers for it.

Thanks, I will keep a closer eye out in the future.  This one was for invited customers only.  I did a 2.9% BT last year on my card but hadn't seen the zero before.  

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.