cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

June Credit AMA [Ask Me Anything] live with user @CreditAddict - Part One.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: June Credit AMA [Ask Me Anything] live with user @CreditAddict

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

Wow, that's a really long list. Is managing that many cards a job in itself?

I passed 70 open cards recently and it's becoming more of a challenge to stay on top of them, remember which card to use at which time, etc.

On the bright side, I recently misplaced a couple of credit cards and was like "well, I have another one I can use"

@CUF,

That is alot. Do you plan on closing any soon?

There are some that I've been thinking about closing...  I get torn about the affect to the AAoA since some of the cards I'd like to close are 13 or more years old. 

@CUF,

Understandable.. But do you know that the closed accounts still remain on your file for the next ten years and still used in calculating your AAoA?  That should give some consolation incase you decide to move forward.

They can remain, but they don't have to - An issuer could choose not to report if they wanted. 

I did just purposely pay a car loan off on June 1st just to get that extra month on the credit report. Smiley LOL

Agreed - See blue.Smiley Happy

Message 71 of 88
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

You did keep you word amassing themSmiley Happy.  With so many cards, have you ever had a late payment on any of them?

I have royally messed my credit up 3 times:

filed BK 2

Chapter 7 at age 20

Chapter 13 which I then dismissed because I didn't want it and didn't like it in 2007 and then settled with anyone that came after me once I came out of the BK.

I then went belly up and turned in my lease and stopped paying all my credit cards in 2011-12 and then about 6 months later got back on my feet and went back to all of them including the car lease and settled them all.  I couldn't finance a lollipop until I settled everything and as soon as I hit 6 months from settlement I was off to the races and the funny part was Barclay was a settlement and 7 Sync cards were settlements and Sync was the first to give me credit again and I hit exposure in just over a year!

I'm not super proud of all those moments but many of those experiences are what brought me to the knowledge and understanding I have now of credit. But I didn't really get control of my life and there for my finances until after loosing it all again in 2011 and that crushed me far more than the BK's (surprisingly)

That must have been intense.  Thanks for sharing.  Did you have these many cards at age 20?

I forget the number of cards I had but I had $86k including car. that was like millions of dollars for me then and it happened very quickly and then I just didn't know what had happened... My parents offered to pay it all off and I said NO, I put myself here, I will get myself out... I just didn't get myself out, I just wiped it out instead! If only I had stuck with that thinking in the future though!

Message 72 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict,

Do you still have a clip of when you were on Suze Orman in 2009? If you mind, can you share as I'd like to listen to it..  Why did you go on there?

I recently found it and it's still as bad as I remember!

I have always loved Suze Orman and always wanted to meet her... I wish I had met her from the other side of the camera Smiley Tongue

I really wasn't doing well then and no one really knew... it all looked good on the outside I suppose but even the show didn't show what was really going on it just magnified in one spot and that spot wasn't on me which wasn't fair.

Aww.. got it.  Thanks for the transparency. 

Message 73 of 88
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

How did you find myFICO and why did you join?

I had somehow ended up signing up for a newsletter and one day sitting there I actually looked at what the newsletter was and followed it to the forum and started reading and joined and quickly responses started coming and it was just so fun!

Message 74 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

You did keep you word amassing themSmiley Happy.  With so many cards, have you ever had a late payment on any of them?

filed BK 2

Chapter 7 at age 20

Chapter 13 which I then dismissed because I didn't want it and didn't like it in 2007 and then settled with anyone that came after me once I came out of the BK.

I then went belly up and turned in my lease and stopped paying all my credit cards in 2011-12 and then about 6 months later got back on my feet and went back to all of them including the car lease and settled them all.  I couldn't finance a lollipop until I settled everything and as soon as I hit 6 months from settlement I was off to the races and the funny part was Barclay was a settlement and 7 Sync cards were settlements and Sync was the first to give me credit again and I hit exposure in just over a year!

I'm not super proud of all those moments but many of those experiences are what brought me to the knowledge and understanding I have now of credit. But I didn't really get control of my life and there for my finances until after loosing it all again in 2011 and that crushed me far more than the BK's (surprisingly)

That must have been intense.  Thanks for sharing.  Did you have these many cards at age 20?

I forget the number of cards I had but I had $86k including car. that was like millions of dollars for me then and it happened very quickly and then I just didn't know what had happened... My parents offered to pay it all off and I said NO, I put myself here, I will get myself out... I just didn't get myself out, I just wiped it out instead! If only I had stuck with that thinking in the future though!

At that age, that was a lot of credit to have.  I am glad it worked well in the end with the companies such as Synchrony and others giving you a second chance.

Message 75 of 88
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict,

Do you still have a clip of when you were on Suze Orman in 2009? If you mind, can you share as I'd like to listen to it..  Why did you go on there?

I recently found it and it's still as bad as I remember!

I have always loved Suze Orman and always wanted to meet her... I wish I had met her from the other side of the camera Smiley Tongue

I really wasn't doing well then and no one really knew... it all looked good on the outside I suppose but even the show didn't show what was really going on it just magnified in one spot and that spot wasn't on me which wasn't fair.

Aww.. got it.  Thanks for the transparency. 

it might come out again... or at least all the pieces that focus on me as im launching a website soon but the internet has brought us reality tv of our past lives rather we like it or not which is why I don't try to act like it didn't happen, just what I have done to move on from it because it will come out eventually rather I publish it or not. I would just prefer the right timing if it was up to me and my team Smiley Tongue

Message 76 of 88
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Amazing answers and as always every bit as Epic! as your forum title implies Smiley Very Happy

OK here's mine.

I hope you get a chuckle from this one, and it's a very simple question, but one that i been dying to ask so here it is.

How many total pages is your EQ hard copy consist of at last hard copy report? Smiley Tongue

Message 77 of 88
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@darwin_wins wrote:
How do you manage to take care of laundromat and still be on MF so much?

Also have you stopped apping? Are you going to be new Ron1?

P.S. : I wonder what happened to RON1

Hmm.. Good mention as I forgot about him.  He hasn't been on in a while.  I hope all is well with him.

@Anonymous, how many credit cards do you have now?

Mercedes said EX showed 126 or something but I think my number is closer to 85... I need to do an update... I had hit 100 but then closed out a bunch of small Comenity and Sync cards because I was at exposure with them and didn't like the limits on the cards I actually wanted with them so I had dropped down to nearly 80 I think and then have since added a few.

Surely, something must have happened for you to want this money cards?  Do you carry them all at once? 

When I was on Suze Orman in 2009 I had 86 cards and over half if not more were basically maxed... I always told myself when I fixed my finances and got my life in order I wanted more than that and I wanted them to be paid off! So that's what I have done! Smiley Happy

filed BK 2

Chapter 7 at age 20

My friend I had a similar experience... I had a bankruptcy in 2000, then a few years later a job loss caused me to lose everything I had worked hard to gain (and regain) after the bankruptcy, including my home. 

I didn't bother with another BK, I just let things happen however they happened... and I agree, this was much more painful than the bankruptcy.  Not many people understood at the time, though.

I get it completely.  Smiley Wink

Message 78 of 88
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

Amazing answers and as always every bit as Epic! as your forum title implies Smiley Very Happy

OK here's mine.

I hope you get a chuckle from this one, and it's a very simple question, but one that i been dying to ask so here it is.

How many total pages is your EQ hard copy consist of at last hard copy report? Smiley Tongue

LOL, The Mercedes guys were dying over this... I think even in their condensed form it was 26 pages.

When I pull Experian in PDF it gives me 134 Pages.

Message 79 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous,

How did you find myFICO and why did you join?

I had somehow ended up signing up for a newsletter and one day sitting there I actually looked at what the newsletter was and followed it to the forum and started reading and joined and quickly responses started coming and it was just so fun!

Nice.. What advice do you have for newbies signing up here?.  Did you make any mistakes that you wouldn't want them to make apart from the abvious as stated in the thread?

Message 80 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.