cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
app'ing for and opening new credit while in Ch. 13 can be cause for discharge dismissal.  May be different in other states.

As I marked above, it is grounds for dismissal, meaning you lose your BK and end up back at square one with your creditors.  This is a Federal Law, not state, therefore this is the case in all states.  The only variance will be in how the individual judges decide to apply it.  Some are strict on this and some are more lenient....but in all cases its the law that any new debts are to be approved by the bk court prior to incurring them.

Thanks TX.  Very important difference - you do NOT want to be dismissed - you DO want to complete the program and be discharged!

Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?

beemMEup, I just wanted to update you on my Orchard acct.  I have a theory on getting CCCs to bend to your will.  Get someone of the opposite gender!  From my own personal experience, I always get what I want when speaking with boy CSRs.  Well, I called today and got a MALE instead of a female and was really extra super sweet to him and instead of drilling me about my income and telling me there was nothing he could do, he gave me a $600 CLI!!!  That's a record for me with them.  I have only gotten $100 CLIs in the past.  I don't know if this helped me or not, but I started out with "I'm looking to close another credit card I have and keep my Orchard card but I'm trying to get my CL up to the other card's CL before I close it."  I told him what the other card's CL was and he said "so you're asking me for a $300 CLI today?"  I said yes and he paused for about 3 seconds then said, "I can actually do better than that, how about $600?".  He asked me if there was anything else he could do for me today and I should have talked him into lowering my AF but I was so shocked they didn't just say here's another $100 that I forgot! 

Just in case you want to try also, I called the backdoor number listed on the forums and spoke with Mike!  

Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

So, do you ever get "just a warning" with traffic tickets?  LOL  Smiley Wink

What is your new CL?

Message 23 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha!  I realize how that sounds but it is true!  I bet you get better CLIs with the girl agents

Starting limit with Orchard $300, CLI to $400 after 6 months, then to $500 after another 6 or so, then they froze the auto-CLIs............TWO years later, I finally ask and got $100 about 2 weeks ago, $100 about 2 days ago and $600 today bringing my CL to $1300.  Not great, but still a huge step when you consider what I was at.  

Message 24 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL. 

That's pretty good with Orchard.  Many, many people never got to $1k.  I closed my Orchard at $750 when they refused any type of CLI when my FICO's were at 810-814 and CL's $10+ on prime accounts.

When I requested it be closed, they offered to cut the AF in half, and admonished me on the great benefit of Orchard because they "reporte to all 3 CRA's" which they claimed was why they had to charge an AF....and claimed other CCC's did not do.  I chuckled, thanked them for their concern, then completed the account closure.

They had a purpose when building, but they lost their charm down the road.  Here's looking toward the day you get to decide that Orchard no longer meets your needs.

And yes, us guys do tend to treat the ladies better than the guys...but as a guy I have no problem with that.  It was the way I was raised...open the door, pull out chairs, ladies first, etc.  And while some no longer appreciate those "values" they are still taught in my home.  I'm old fashioned, I guess Smiley Wink

Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to think I have already reached the day where Orchard 'no longer meets my needs'.  I have prime cards with no AF (US Bank, Discover) but I really want to keep it around because it's about to be my longest (still open) account so I think it will seriously help my AAoA which is only at 7yrs and some change right now, but as some of my old closed accounts fall off, it will quickly change to 3ish years.  Speaking of which, how long does it take for closed accounts to fall off?  I hope I'm not threadjacking >.<  Sorry if it seems that way, beamMEup!  Not my intention LOL
Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Speaking of which, how long does it take for closed accounts to fall off?  I hope I'm not threadjacking >.<  Sorry if it seems that way, beamMEup!  Not my intention LOL

Best threadjack ever!  I'm totally fascinated by your getting 3 CLI's in the past two weeks, and I'm sure other Orchard'ers are too.

And I'm glad tx is a gentleman.  DH is too, and it's always nice to know there are more of 'em around.

Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I finally ask and got $100 about 2 weeks ago, $100 about 2 days ago and $600 today bringing my CL to $1300.  Not great, but still a huge step when you consider what I was at.  

Mizu,

Did you get hard pulls for any of these?  Last summer when I called the Orchard backdoor, they told me they could stop the process before it came to a hard pull.  Now I've called twice, and both CSR's tell me they can't predict or control if it will go to a hard pull or not.

I shredded my card in anticipation of closing, but I'm checking out the CLI's before I officially shut it down.  But not at the expense of a hard pull Smiley Wink.

Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I spoke to "Mike" I believe his exact words were, "Lets see what we can do without having to pull your credit report".  Then 3 seconds later came back and offered me the $600 CLI.  I think the key with them is to get a seasoned rep who actually knows their way round the computer system they have set up. 

The other woman I spoke with when I called the backdoor number said "yeah, we tell you that the decision is subject to a review of your credit, but we don't actually pull it."  She said that the computer decides for them.  All three CLIs I've received this month did not result in even a soft pull so my guess is you're safe!  Good luck to you here and keep us posted!!!

Message 29 of 34
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

BeamMeUp-

1st of all congrats on your approval and getting 1/2 of your AF adj off with Orchard.

My question for you is did they pull TU for you? I'm in the SE and here most always pull EQ so I have 0 pulls on TU..and I was wondering if anyone knew or you knew if they always pull TU or what?

thanks!

Happy Thanksgiving!

~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.