Reply
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?


Creditaddict wrote:
ummm with a 730 you should be instantly approved...

Thanks Creditaddict – you were so right!

Thanks everyone for helping me think this through!

 

After thinking (and fretting), I pulled out my last Juni letter and app’d online.  I figured the inquiry wasn’t too much of a price to pay, given the potential plusses.

Approved with $1,200 CL!  

YAY!!!!!!!  I now have a BANK card with no AF.  Happy happy joy joy. :smileytongue:  I am doing the happy dance! 

 

This is $500 higher than my current Orchard (which started at $500 and upped to $700 at six months). 

 

As a rebuilder (9 mos. after CH 13 Discharge) I now have:

Orchard  $700

Macy’s  $1700

Dillard’s  $700 (due for CLI next month)

JCPenney’s $1200 (due for CLI this month)

Walmart $500 (due for CLI next month – don’t know about this guy)

JUNIPER  $1200

FOR a Total of $6000

 

I am SO happy! 

 

Now, I will talk to Orchard about their AF, and decide whether or not to keep them open for yet a bit longer.

 

My math says I’ve dinged my AAofA by about half a year.  So I am now good on app’ing til next fall.  (My current favorite for 2010 – Discover.  We’ll see….)

 

Thank you everyone for all the great info.

And thanks to these boards – I never would have known which cards to app for (& when) if it weren’t for these forums.  Thanks a TON!  You have truly helped us rebuild – it has made a huge difference for us and our family.  Thanks!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?


jaysdad2k wrote: Juni has been good to me. They started me with $3,000, then gave me a requested CLI to $5,000 in February. Many people have reported surprise auto CLI's recently with Juni, and I got one in October, I think, to $6,000.

 

One of the best things is when they give you the CLI, they start off with "You are one of our most valued customers!"


Congrrats!  I hope they are as good to me!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict
Posts: 21,000
Registered: ‎10-23-2007
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?

I cold applied 3 different times before I had a credit analyst flat out say no bk still open to approve, before they just talked about my credit that's why i kept applying as it got better
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?

Update:  I called Orchard and got the AF reduced by half - so it's at $29.  Thanks, guys, for that info.

 

Pulled out my little AAofA chart on Excel (because I hate having to figure it out - this way I just pop a change in and it does all the work for me.)  AAofA is fine without Orchard - both now and several years down the road.

 

New Juni card arrived today.  Orchard card is in the shredder!  I have to say thanks to Orchard for helping me rebuild - but it's time is over.  And done!  It is (was) my only AF card.  Feels dang good!

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Contributor
Mizu
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎11-17-2009
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?

[ Edited ]

beamMEup wrote:

Update:  I called Orchard and got the AF reduced by half - so it's at $29.  Thanks, guys, for that info.

 

Pulled out my little AAofA chart on Excel (because I hate having to figure it out - this way I just pop a change in and it does all the work for me.)  AAofA is fine without Orchard - both now and several years down the road.

 

New Juni card arrived today.  Orchard card is in the shredder!  I have to say thanks to Orchard for helping me rebuild - but it's time is over.  And done!  It is (was) my only AF card.  Feels dang good!


CONGRATS to you on getting them to bend!!!  Can you please tell me your secret?  I've called Orchard bank 4 or 5 freaking times this month trying to negotiate my AF with them.  I've tried being nice, angry, logical, methodical, sweet, rude, and just about everything inbetween.  EVERY person I've spoken with (including backdoor people) have told me they have no way of reducing or eliminating my AF.  I am soooo beyond frustrated because I'd really like to keep this account open!  I've had it for 2 and a half years with 100% perfect payment history (I don't always PIF, but I always pay at least $100 when my min payment is usually $15) so I just don't see why they seem to hate me so much :smileysad:  Any help you might be able to offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Mizu

Message Edited by Mizu on 11-20-2009 05:26 AM
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?


Mizu wrote:

CONGRATS to you on getting them to bend!!!  Can you please tell me your secret?  I've called Orchard bank 4 or 5 freaking times this month trying to negotiate my AF with them.  I've tried being nice, angry, logical, methodical, sweet, rude, and just about everything inbetween.  EVERY person I've spoken with (including backdoor people) have told me they have no way of reducing or eliminating my AF.  I am soooo beyond frustrated because I'd really like to keep this account open!  I've had it for 2 and a half years with 100% perfect payment history (I don't always PIF, but I always pay at least $100 when my min payment is usually $15) so I just don't see why they seem to hate me so much :smileysad:  Any help you might be able to offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Mizu


Wow.  That's a puzzler.  My account is 11 months old.  I usually PIF and report about 2%.  Mine is a (rebuilder) Platinum MC (was $500 CL, now $700 CL) - does that matter?  I told them I had a new card with a higher CL and no AF, that I would like to keep their card because of my history with them.  CSR said she could offer 50% off AF - I asked if there was anyone I could speak to regarding getting the AF waived.  She said she had the power - and the only authorized reduction was down to 50%.  She asked if I wanted to hit them for a CLI and I declined.

 

WIsh I knew what they were looking for.  I hope someone else can shed some light on this. 

 

I didn't mind the AF the first year - it was fine with me because the card served a purpose.  Now, not so much.

 

Mizu - do you have any other bank cards?

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Contributor
Mizu
Posts: 78
Registered: ‎11-17-2009
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?


beamMEup wrote:

Mizu wrote:

CONGRATS to you on getting them to bend!!!  Can you please tell me your secret?  I've called Orchard bank 4 or 5 freaking times this month trying to negotiate my AF with them.  I've tried being nice, angry, logical, methodical, sweet, rude, and just about everything inbetween.  EVERY person I've spoken with (including backdoor people) have told me they have no way of reducing or eliminating my AF.  I am soooo beyond frustrated because I'd really like to keep this account open!  I've had it for 2 and a half years with 100% perfect payment history (I don't always PIF, but I always pay at least $100 when my min payment is usually $15) so I just don't see why they seem to hate me so much :smileysad:  Any help you might be able to offer would be GREATLY appreciated.

-Mizu


Wow.  That's a puzzler.  My account is 11 months old.  I usually PIF and report about 2%.  Mine is a (rebuilder) Platinum MC (was $500 CL, now $700 CL) - does that matter?  I told them I had a new card with a higher CL and no AF, that I would like to keep their card because of my history with them.  CSR said she could offer 50% off AF - I asked if there was anyone I could speak to regarding getting the AF waived.  She said she had the power - and the only authorized reduction was down to 50%.  She asked if I wanted to hit them for a CLI and I declined.

 

WIsh I knew what they were looking for.  I hope someone else can shed some light on this. 

 

I didn't mind the AF the first year - it was fine with me because the card served a purpose.  Now, not so much.

 

Mizu - do you have any other bank cards?


 

My card is also a rebuilder.  Platinum MC.  It says Snap on the front, but it's Orchard Bank.

 

Yes, I do have other bank cards which is why this is so frustrating.  I have a US Bank platinum visa and a (new) Discover More.  Neither have AF and both have much high CLs.  I have explained to them that I'd really like to stay a customer but it's hard for me to logically do that when they give me a measly $700 CL.  

 

I have also called them about this several times about their CLIs.  They stopped doing auto CLIs for me at least a year ago.  The answer I get from them every time is that they are no longer doing auto reviews for CLIs and they must be customer initiated.  The gal I spoke with through the back door number says you can do them as often as you'd like and they're all automated through the computer. They are unwilling to negotiate a CLI ammount, whatever the computer approves you for is what you get.  

Regular Contributor
Believe1970
Posts: 150
Registered: ‎11-01-2009
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?

Creditaddict are there any credit cards that approved you while you were still under the chapter 13?

Starting Score 01/01/2010: EQ(607), Trans(590)
Current Score -------------->: EQ(630), Trans(622), EX(634)
Goal Score 06/31/2015--->: EQ(700), Trans(700), EX(700)



Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
Posts: 4,473
Registered: ‎12-31-2008
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?


Believe1970 wrote:
Creditaddict are there any credit cards that approved you while you were still under the chapter 13?

 

Creditaddict may have a different experience - in our state app'ing for and opening new credit while in Ch. 13 can be cause for discharge.  May be different in other states.
Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Senior Contributor
txjohn
Posts: 4,214
Registered: ‎09-12-2008
0

Re: Juni invitation letter. What are my chances of getting accepted and replacing my Orchard?


beamMEup wrote:

Believe1970 wrote:
Creditaddict are there any credit cards that approved you while you were still under the chapter 13?

 

Creditaddict may have a different experience - in our state app'ing for and opening new credit while in Ch. 13 can be cause for discharge dismissal.  May be different in other states.

As I marked above, it is grounds for dismissal, meaning you lose your BK and end up back at square one with your creditors.  This is a Federal Law, not state, therefore this is the case in all states.  The only variance will be in how the individual judges decide to apply it.  Some are strict on this and some are more lenient....but in all cases its the law that any new debts are to be approved by the bk court prior to incurring them.

 

 

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}