Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper/Barclay 10 day hold on funds

tag
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

Re: Juniper/Barclay 10 day hold on funds

They hold that money in an interest bearing account.  It's a numbers game banks play to generate "internal interest" using your credit line.  Only the greediest financial institutions use this underhanded practice.  It's no wonder Barclays stock has dropped 50% in the last 8 months.  Terrible place to do Biz.  Yuck, Yuck, Yuck. 
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 21 of 33
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

I would not touch Barclay/Juniper with a 10 ft. pole.
Message 22 of 33
unknown_entity
Established Contributor

jmbfl wrote:
I would not touch Barclay/Juniper with a 10 ft. pole.

DITTO!!!!!!!
07/26/2007 TU-688
EQ-656
EX-649
Message 23 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Juniper DESPICABLE

Barclays Juniper DESPICABLE

I have a Barclays Juniper issued card from them with USAirway miles rewards. Recently had a total balance payment put on hold -- you get the idea from others here. I was about to start using this card for monthly purchases and pay the total off each month as I found out they barely add anything additional to their minimum payments -- it's like 90% interest. Well I am not going to use this card period and I am going to ask for a refund of my annual fee as well as contact USAirways with my displeasure and concern. I have another USAirways card, a Signature VISA, thru Bank of America which is really good for minimum automatic payments as they take the payment out on the date the statement comes out so you don't pay interest on interest. In addition, a few years ago I disputed a charge with Barclays Juniper to no avail. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH Barclays Juniper, A TRULY DESPICABLE BUSINESS! I cannot believe what they are getting away with!

Message 24 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Barclays Juniper DESPICABLE

WOW...Glad i read this us air was one of the cards i was going to apply for in jan 09.
Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capitol One has been holding my largish ($300 plus), payments for 10 days too. Apparently it's their policy until the account is 6 months old. I hardly think it has anything to do with sticking my credit line (which is their money anyways), into some sort of account. If so they can keep the penny or two in interest they are making. It's not really an inconvenience to me, as I don't charge more than 50% on the card anyways and always have available credit if needed.
Message Edited by siangirl34 on 10-04-2008 08:54 PM
Message 26 of 33
dallasjetfan
Established Contributor

They held mine for 6 months and the gave me a $1000 CLI on the 6th month so I wasn't too unhappy!!
Barclays US Air $17K| TTCU $15K| Citi Diamond $10.5K| Discover IT $9000| CapOne $2K| Best Buy $2K
Message 27 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Junny did this to me once- back when I had 2 Junny cards- using bill pay I Swaped the PIF payments- so one had a credit and one not PIF-

Called them and they said they could not fix this internal- so I sent another payment for the rest of the balance on the under paid one. They then reversed all 3 payments placed a 10 day hold and then it took 3 weeks for them to send the check for the credit balance.

A PITA for something that could have been very simple.  

Message 28 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quick though:  do you guys notice that a lot of these issues occur with the co branded cards and not a straight junny card..

reason i am asking is that my boyfriend has a junny mastercard and they have not cld him or checked his report or anything...he just uses it in case of emergancys (when places dont take discover) and is currently sitting at zero once the payment we made post on monday.

Message 29 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is interesting that this topic came up as I had this happen to me this week.  Here's the deal: I already had the Junny platinum and was approaching one year with them and never had this happen. I then added the US Airways mastercard and paid my first payment in full which was over $1000.  Funny thing is I always pay on-line and I used the existing linked bank account that I already use on my first account with Junny.  When I called Junny, they said it was a standard practice to hold the first payment especially large payments such as the one I made.  I asked them where the logic was with this since I am using the same existing bank account as on my first card....Very strange bank.
Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.