Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper/Barclays CC's - credit limits?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Juniper/Barclays CC's - credit limits?

I'm curious of the various limits for Juniper/Barclays cards.  I know they have many cards, (like USAirways, Itunes, etc) , but does this company give out $5K limits (to start with)? I have looked at other websites to research this and I don't see too many $5K starting limits.

Be interested to know if any of the cards grow...

Please let me know and thanks for your time.

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Juniper/Barclays CC's - credit limits?

Daisy, I have an iTunes account with $1250 CL.   Been open for exactly 1 year, never received a CLI, but never asked either.
It's paid down to zero now.

I might give them a call to see if they can up my limit but I don't want an inquiry right now.
Maybe I'll tell them that I am eager to buy a couple of iPads 

Anyone had CLI success 
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 9
Regular Contributor

Barclays started me with a $3100 CL, had it for almost 2 yrs, then they slashed the limit to $1300 for no reason then raised my APR to 12.99% when it used to be 7.99%.  When I called to ask why they cut my limit they said it was b/c I had cards with other balances.  None of those cards have ever been paid late either.

This was the beginning of January.  I've since paid off the card and will only use to pay a small bill then pay it off.  I won't be giving them my primary business any longer.

Starting Score: 703
Current Score: 7/8/10: TU - 738 EQ - 750
Previous Score: 1/22/10: TU - 703 EQ - 714
Goal Score: 750

Message 3 of 9
Romeoo47
Regular Contributor

daisyduke, I have the Emigrant Direct Mastercard.  I have no complaints with Juniper.  I have had the card for 2.5 years and I'm at $7500 CL.  I started at $800 and received several CLI.  I hope this helps.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started with 2500.00 @ %7.9 . I'm still at 2500.00 but got jacked to %12.9. I have no balance.

I'm going to my local Credit Union and ask for a big credit limit. The reason? Because as soon as I get it I expect Juniper to slash my limit with them. LOL.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started at $400 with them a couple of years ago (it was my first post-BK card after 20 months of paying with nothing but cash and debit cards).  They gave me an automatic CLI to $900 after 6 months and another automatic CLI to $1650 after 12 months, but I haven't received a CLI since then.
Message 6 of 9
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I started a Caseys Card 3 years ago at $7.5K, now $9.5K

DW got a B&N card  2 years ago that started at $16K and is now $19K

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 7 of 9
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

They started my LLBean at nearly $20k - followed a year later with a $2k auto-cli.

(caveat - my previous BofA LLBean card was over $15k, so they may have been trying to do them one better.)

Message 8 of 9
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

This is all great to know. I don't think I can app until June or July, but the knowledge is valuable. Thanks so much

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.