Valued Member
Outtadebt

Juniper/Barclays Relationship Charge?????????

I haven't used this card in a few months and I noticed a small reduction in my available credit. I called the CS line and after going through all the initial options I pushed zero to get a live CSR. A recording informed me that I would be charged $15 to talk to a relationship manager! Are you kidding me? Has anyone run into this? I hung up immediately. 
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: Juniper/Barclays Relationship Charge?????????

omg that is aweful. I have never heard of such a thing.
Fico Scores: EQ- 656 Cap1., TU 696 Walmart, EX 700 Chase (12-17-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Member
Outtadebt

And their CS # isn't even an 800 number so it's a long distance call!
Established Contributor
mymy

oui, they are sticking it wherever they can....:smileysurprised:
Contributor
Chazman

I found out about the live-person charge about 6 weeks into my account, when I tried to pay on-line twice in the same billing period.  You can indeed pay as often as you like, but only after a couple of months aging.  Unfortunately, it cost me $15 bucks to speak with someone in New Delhi to find that out.

Barclays/Juniper's been pretty good to me for auto CLI and their on-line access.  And the 8.99% rate (no fee) is my lowest.  I just email customer service now if I need anything, which is rarely.  Response time is about 24-48 hours.
Frequent Contributor
creditreformer

wow, not even orchard and first premier/other 'less than stellar subprimes' do that
Senior Contributor
smallfry

I have the Sea Miles card have an 800 number and have never been charged to speak to someone.
Valued Member
gamecock

Yeah, what card was this? I have called about my now closed Carnival Seamiles card on several occasions. It was a toll-free number and no charge.
Contributor
Chazman

I've got the plain Juniper mastercard directly through Barclays. I know Juniper also uprovides cards for/through companies like Airtran. That's probably where the confusion lies in the different fees and available services.
Moderator Emeritus
WhirledPeasPlease

They should pay ME 15 bucks to talk to their CSRs.  I spent about 15 min on the phone with them trying to find out why they advertise a 'credit score' for the Travelocity product, but it's NOT an option when I login to my account.

I like the card, I just hope that I never have a reason to call them.  Ever.  Unless it's to close the account, I'm hoping I can stick to this.  Email sounds like a great idea.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}