Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Cards... any feedback?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper Cards... any feedback?

I've been reading that Juniper cards are a bit more lenient on past negatives when applying. I'd like to hear from many of you that have applied about your approvals and/or declines, what your scores were, what some of your negatives were, how you might have overcome things, etc.

The Juniper card looks like an attractive rebuilding product that I might want to obtain. Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback!
Message 1 of 57
56 REPLIES 56
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper Cards... any feedback?

First let me give a little history about myself. I found this site purely by accident. I was just looking for information on how to repair and rebuild some credit. I have a history of a BK 7 in 2002. I was able to get a cap1 visa and a providian card both in 2004. I guess I hadn't learned my lesson from before and had problems with both of those cards due to some personal issues. I paid the cap1 off in collections during 05. The providian was CO in 2005. I recently got to where I can finally take control and fix things and not be young and dumb.

I was looking on how to take care of the previous account and realized that I needed to start somewhere with new TL. I really had no intentions of getting new cards though. After reading that a lot of people had good luck with Juniper I decided to give it a shot. I was instantly approved for the Sea Miles card with a CL of 1750. I was very suprised. My TU score was 553. I then applied for the Hooters card and was approved for 1000. I got greedy though and also tried for the Itunes and USAir cards. Juniper denied both satying that I could not apply for more than 1 card in 30 days. So far I like the card, have only used it once. They are generous with helping out when not many others would. I like the fact they don't kill you with all the fees of other rebuilder type cards. There is even no AF. Good Luck.
Message 2 of 57
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

I had higher scores when I got my Juniper, but I have found them customer friendly.  They did tell me they don't like giving any individual more than two cards.

Everything is on line and on line payments are easy.  Lots of credit alerts possible via email 
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 3 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are planning on opening a Juniper card be very careful. I've read that some people have had their accounts closed shortly after activation and given no reason whatsoever.
Message 4 of 57
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I have not reador heard of this. I have heard of them dropping the CL on people whose score tanks. They do monitor TU regularly.
Message 5 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually speaking of CLDs, there was someone that was told their card would be canceled and received a CLD to I think a couple dollars more than their balance. I had 2 cards with them that I closed immediately after they denied me a CLI or combine on activation. Knowing more about them now I'll never try for another one of their cards.
Message 6 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi CreditHawk,

I have Airtran Visa Platinum (Barclays/Juniper-No AF). I got instant approval on-line. They pulled TU. First CC in 12 years, no open CC accts prior to this one.  FiCO scores in April were 667, 656. FAKOS in June were Experian 742, Equifax 690, TransUnion 652.

Negatives: 1) Pd collection dated 4/07. Lates w/Chase x4 (2002, 2005) and I have since requested removal and I am awaiting their response. Still have mortgage with them. 2) Two duplicate accts listed on CR, 1 states 60 days late x1 and the other is listed w/30 days late x2, 60 days late x1 and 90 days late x8. And this was after it was purchased by someone else and I never made pymts to them. The initial delinquency started in 1998. I recently sent a request to CRAs to take it off since it is  >7 years.  However, it is currently being paid via consent judgement that has not been reported the CRAs by the OC or the company who bought it and will soon be paid off in 12/07. I have to figure out how to have it NOT reported once the judgement is paid. Per the lawyer's office the creditor will report it after it is paid.  And I know that will tank my scores.  Any thoughts.  It was suggested that I offer to pay it early for them not to report it.  But then of course there is the possibility it may not be reported since it has not been reported to date.  I have been paying monthly since 12/06. I'm in a quandry since I don't want to open a can of worms if there is a possibility it won't get reported. 

Current FICO 07/07=Experian 701, Equifax 671, TransUnion 672.  The thing that turned things around for me I think was the collection getting paid and having 24 mos of consecutive on time pymts for mortgage. After the Airtran I got 5 other cards. So I am trying to cool my heels.  I may need to get a car come the end of the year.  Another reason I don't want the judgment reported when paid.

I hope helps.  Sorry for the lengthiness, just wanted you to get the whole picture.
Message 7 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Been happy with my Osh Kosh Juniper (now Barclays) CC. Gave me a $2500 CL when I had been getting $300 and $400 CLs. They reported a new positive TL to the CRAs before I was even issued my CC. Talking to customer service, I found them very informed and helpful. Was not a call center overseas.
Message 8 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Been happy with my Osh Kosh Juniper (now Barclays) CC. Gave me a $2500 CL when I had been getting $300 and $400 CLs. They reported a new positive TL to the CRAs before I was even issued my CC. Talking to customer service, I found them very informed and helpful. Was not a call center overseas.

That last sentence, Noah... "not an overseas call center"... that alone is worth paying the annual fee! It's so refreshing to have your call answered right here in the good ol' USA, especially on something as important as personal finances.

OK, I'm calling the Juniper/Barclays folks tomorrow and getting a start on an application. Thanks to everyone for their feedback.
Message 9 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Carnival Sea Miles card and haven't had any problems with them.
Message 10 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.