Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Cards... any feedback?

tag
lost2007
Valued Member

Re: Juniper Cards... any feedback?

I wish I had known this info before I applied the other day. I was under the impression that a score in the high 500 would do the trick. But I was denied. But then again I know I had 100% UTL on my cards and sure enough that was the reason they gave me on the online status page explaining the "reason" I was denied. I guess I have to wait for all those payments I made a couple of weeks ago to post on my reports and reflect toward my scores. Hey does anyone know what is the time frame Junier will let you re-apply for a card of there's....? 30, 60, ... 90 days??? 
Message 31 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

lost2007 wrote:
I know I had 100% UTL on my cards and sure enough that was the reason they gave me on the online status page explaining the "reason" I was denied. I guess I have to wait for all those payments I made a couple of weeks ago to post on my reports and reflect toward my scores. Hey does anyone know what is the time frame Junier will let you re-apply for a card of there's....? 30, 60, ... 90 days??? 

Keep an eye on your reports, not scores. Once the balances update showing payment, then your scores should bounce back up.

At that time, I would try for a recon with Juniper.

Message 32 of 57
lost2007
Valued Member

What number should I call?
Message 33 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would write. The folks answering the phone likely aren't the ones who can grant you reconsideration.
Message 34 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get a number from someone to call for Recons. I think it is the credit underwriting department. It might be helpful to someone. 866-408-4064
Message 35 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a plain old vanilla Junny and really not impressed.  Great for rebuilding but very no no about adjusting existing accounts.  Right now I am expecting a CLD any day cause I rarley use the card.  I got spoiled with my other cards bennies and they will not lower the 16% APR or allow me to convert it to something that does anything for me.

The BT offers are a joke IMHO unless you take the one at opening. "Trasfer your balances at your current APR" plus of course a BT fee.  HUH?  Cap one for credit that needs improvement would do better as long as your first ransation was a vputchase check to max it out then immediately pay it off.  At least the interest rate is almost 2% lower and there are no BT fees.

BTW when I got my Junny the reps were still in Bangalore. I was pleasantly surprised on the last call not to get an overseas op.

Message Edited by Brammy on 09-02-2007 04:44 PM
Message 36 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Barclays (formerly Juniper) Osh Kosh was my first "big score" getting $2500 CL rather than the $300 and $400 CL I had been getting and begging to get. The Osh Kosh (and Carters store) rewards are pretty good for kids' clothes--although we've been getting WAY more rewards mileage outta our Place Cards.

Message 37 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
My Barclays (formerly Juniper) Osh Kosh was my first "big score" getting $2500 CL rather than the $300 and $400 CL I had been getting and begging to get. The Osh Kosh (and Carters store) rewards are pretty good for kids' clothes--although we've been getting WAY more rewards mileage outta our Place Cards.

If only I weren't too old for babiesSmiley Very Happy

Message 38 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Juniper Travelocity MasterCard and I have not encountered any problems with them. My limit was only $500 Woman Sad but what can I say, it happens all the time...lol. There is one thing I like the most about them and that is security. Last week I went on a little mini vacation and used Travelocity.com to book a room. I came back home and pif just to let the creditor see that I mean business. Well day before yesterday I went to the ATM (during closed hours) and my bank card did not work (demagnatized) so I used the Juniper Travelocity card for $160 cashback. To my surprise, the bank said to call the cardholder which I did just to find out that my Cash Advance was only $100. Wooooeee, what if I was stranded somewhere? Well I took out $60 instead, the next morning, Juniper called me and wanted to verify that I made the transaction of $60 and tried to get out $160 at first. I verified that it was me but I also asked "wassup with the $100 cash advance?" His reply, "Oh that is how much we start everyone off with", yeah right, just call me upid and offer me brain surgery, Its enough they only gave me $500 to travel about 100 miles with in the cheapest hotel available but only allowing me $100 is really an embarrasment. I will never accumulate awards becaue there is not enough limit to the card anyway...lol. I still like my card, just had to add my story.        
Message 39 of 57
Anonymous
Not applicable

milkshake wrote:
I have the Juniper Travelocity MasterCard and I have not encountered any problems with them. My limit was only $500 Woman Sad but what can I say, it happens all the time...lol. There is one thing I like the most about them and that is security. Last week I went on a little mini vacation and used Travelocity.com to book a room. I came back home and pif just to let the creditor see that I mean business. Well day before yesterday I went to the ATM (during closed hours) and my bank card did not work (demagnatized) so I used the Juniper Travelocity card for $160 cashback. To my surprise, the bank said to call the cardholder which I did just to find out that my Cash Advance was only $100. Wooooeee, what if I was stranded somewhere? Well I took out $60 instead, the next morning, Juniper called me and wanted to verify that I made the transaction of $60 and tried to get out $160 at first. I verified that it was me but I also asked "wassup with the $100 cash advance?" His reply, "Oh that is how much we start everyone off with", yeah right, just call me upid and offer me brain surgery, Its enough they only gave me $500 to travel about 100 miles with in the cheapest hotel available but only allowing me $100 is really an embarrasment. I will never accumulate awards becaue there is not enough limit to the card anyway...lol. I still like my card, just had to add my story.        

I'm guessing here, but I think it is 20% or $100 per each $500 in CL for cash advances with Junny. I have a $1500 CL with $300 cash advance privileges. I can't say if they ever raise that or not.
Message 40 of 57
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.