Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Cards... any feedback?

Regular Contributor

Re: Juniper Cards... any feedback?

BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 21 of 57
Valued Member

Does anyone have a contact number for Carnival Seamiles card to check the status of an application? Their online page to do so doesn't even work... Go figure...lol
Message 22 of 57
Contributor

This is the link to check application status. Have you tried it.
https://www.juniper.com/app/japply/appstatus/appStatStartDynamic.jspd

Message Edited by onmyway3161 on 08-01-2007 04:10 PM
Message 23 of 57
Valued Member

I got it to work, Firefox was acting up so I used IE....

Thanx
Message 24 of 57
New Contributor

I have two Juniper/Barclay cards - one regular Juniper @ 8.9% from an offer they sent me in the mail about one year post-BK, and a Seamiles I applied for at their website at something ridiculous like 21.5%. Neither has an annual fee. I use the Juniper almost exclusively. It started at $300 and is now $1900. Seamiles is $1200. I've had absolutely no problems with either, but never had to call customer service either. I never ask for CLI's - I just wait for them to do them.

Message 25 of 57
Valued Member

Chartley, oh, that's why I was declined... I have Zero open.  Wish I had known before I would not have bothered to take the pull.  Thx
Message 26 of 57
Regular Contributor

CreditHawk wrote:
I've been reading that Juniper cards are a bit more lenient on past negatives when applying. I'd like to hear from many of you that have applied about your approvals and/or declines, what your scores were, what some of your negatives were, how you might have overcome things, etc.

The Juniper card looks like an attractive rebuilding product that I might want to obtain. Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback!

They turned me down.  I have a 590 EQ, 570 EX, 578 TU, one and a half years out of BK.
From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
Message 27 of 57
Regular Contributor

Noah_Bodie wrote:
Been happy with my Osh Kosh Juniper (now Barclays) CC. Gave me a $2500 CL when I had been getting $300 and $400 CLs. They reported a new positive TL to the CRAs before I was even issued my CC. Talking to customer service, I found them very informed and helpful. Was not a call center overseas.

They turned me down (see above) but would they approve me on a joint (NOT an AU, a JOINT) with my wife, who has over 730 on all three bureaus?

Might be worth a try.

On second look though, it looks as if they don't even offer an option for a joint applicant, only an authorized user.

Message Edited by Joe77 on 08-02-2007 09:24 AM
From BK to 700 FICOs in 4.5 yrs.
Message 28 of 57
Frequent Contributor

You need a TU score of at least 600 to be considered for a Juniper card.
Message 29 of 57
Regular Contributor

Joe77 wrote:

CreditHawk wrote:
I've been reading that Juniper cards are a bit more lenient on past negatives when applying. I'd like to hear from many of you that have applied about your approvals and/or declines, what your scores were, what some of your negatives were, how you might have overcome things, etc.

The Juniper card looks like an attractive rebuilding product that I might want to obtain. Thanks in advance for everyone's feedback!

They turned me down.  I have a 590 EQ, 570 EX, 578 TU, one and a half years out of BK.

They're bk friendly, but your scores are still too low. Read my Friendly Bk post and you have a better idea of what to go for and it will save you some empty Inq hits.

The lowest I've seen so far is a 600 Trans Union score for Juniper. That is pretty much their guideline minimum score.
BK 7 Filed: 08/07/15
BK 7 Discharged: 11/04/15
Discharge Scores: Equifax (572) - TransUnion (586) - Experian (511)
Goal: 700+
Credit Cards: NFCU nRewards ($500) - CapOne Platinum ($300) - CapOne QuicksilverOne Rewards ($300) - Victoria's Secret ($250) - Firestone ($1200)
Auto Loan: NFCU ($34.6K @ 7.7%)
Message 30 of 57