Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper MC returned payment debacle

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper MC returned payment debacle

Recently added a checking account to my Juniper acct for bill payment. Payment was due on the 16th and I submitted the payment on the 9th, online. Long story short, two numbers got transposed on my checking account number during the process of adding the account and therefore the payment did not process. I might add that I still had another checking account from another bank listed for use for payment.

Looking at my account activity on the 17th, I see that they nailed me on 11/16 for the amount of my payment ($230) due to UNABLE TO LOCATE ACCOUNT as well as a $35 returned payment fee and a $39 late payment fee. Clearly, no one from Juniper attempted to notify me within that seven days between the time I submitted the payment and my due date to alert me of any problems.

So I call and get a "relationship manager" on the phone. Why they call themselves relationship managers, I have no idea...because it's not much of a relationship, as I found. He said he could do nothing to credit the fees even in light of my perfect payment history. I have always been on time and frequently made payments well above the minimum. In fact, the account had a zero balance from May 2008 until September 2009 when I purchased a new computer.

I am baffled by how they handled this and wondered if anyone had any advice on how to deal with this and possibly convince them to credit me those fees.Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
jaysdad2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: Juniper MC returned payment debacle

Did you try the backdoor executive offices number?

I would wait until Monday since the ones with the most tenure would get today off. I had a really good person on the phone when I requested a CLI back in February.

"Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice."- Anton Chekhov
4/11 TU 743 4/11 EQ 763
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper MC returned payment debacle

I don't know anything about a backdoor executive offices number. Please advise.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.