Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Offer 7.99% APR purchases and Balance Transfers - Not Introductory Rate

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper Offer 7.99% APR purchases and Balance Transfers - Not Introductory Rate

I have received two offers in the mail for Juniper. I have not heard of them. I did search here and didnt see much info. Is this a good card and/or company.  What type of limits do they grant (average)  and what bureau(s) do they use. Any feedback is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Message Edited by PurpleHaze on 01-10-2009 07:59 PM
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
15 REPLIES 15
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Juniper Offer 7.99% APR purchases and Balance Transfers - Not Introductory Rate

Try searching Juni, Juny, and Barclays.

ETA:  I have a Juni card -- the Travelocity MC.  It started w/ a 2k limit in Jan 07 and went to 3k at the 1 year mark.  Small AF of 29 bucks, but it has been a decent rewards card for me for airline tix.

Message Edited by WhirledPeasPlease on 01-10-2009 08:10 PM
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper Offer 7.99% APR purchases and Balance Transfers - Not Introductory Rate

Thanks for the reply Peas. I guess Im confused because when I search MyFico the references about Juni relate to co-branded cards. The two offers I received are for the Juniper Platinum MasterCard with no annual fee. Does anyone have this card? Looking to know who they pull, how hard/easy the card is to obtain and general score required.
Message 3 of 16
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry -- I have a problem with hitting 'post' too early!  LOL

I think I combed thru and found the posts that directly talked about the 7.9% IR on a plain Jane Juni Plat MC.  I'm sure there are comments by co-branded cardholders, but that's to be expected on here!  (Heck, I did it in my orig post!)

I hope these help!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper is all over these forums.

Heck. I have the card but can't remember who they pull.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Juniper Mastercard as well.  I also have the 7.99% fixed rate.  I have had it since June 2008 and I haven't had any problems.  I have not received any increases as of yet.  I did start out with a $2000 CL.  I have heard lots of negative on this forum about them, but so far, I haven't had any problems.  I am waiting, thought, as I know they have been reducing credit limits a lot lately.

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

Sorry -- I have a problem with hitting 'post' too early!  LOL

I think I combed thru and found the posts that directly talked about the 7.9% IR on a plain Jane Juni Plat MC.  I'm sure there are comments by co-branded cardholders, but that's to be expected on here!  (Heck, I did it in my orig post!)

I hope these help!

Thanks for finding the links for me Peas.  Its obvious I just dont have the hang of it yet lol.  Other posters can learn from you and HTSU.  You two provide answers and links if possible, versus leaving sarcastic posts advising the info is posted all over the forum. SO again I thank you.  I will look through the links you provided. I am sure I will find what I am looking for. Thanks again for your POSITIVE response.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Juniper Mastercard as well.  I also have the 7.99% fixed rate.  I have had it since June 2008 and I haven't had any problems.  I have not received any increases as of yet.  I did start out with a $2000 CL.  I have heard lots of negative on this forum about them, but so far, I haven't had any problems.  I am waiting, thought, as I know they have been reducing credit limits a lot lately.

Do you recall what bureau they pulled and/or if more than one?

Message 9 of 16
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Barclays usually pulls TU.

And I have one of their cards (Gas MC), and have never had a problem.  No auto CLIs, but I got one when I asked (a small one - $1K).

I basically use it for the 3% back on my gas.

The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.