Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper Platinum Pre-Approval?

tag
BRH3
Regular Contributor

Juniper Platinum Pre-Approval?

Just got s pre-approval from them in the mail for 7.99% fixed on BT and purchases. Who do they pull an what scores are needed? I live in Texas. Thanks!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BRH3
Regular Contributor

Re: Juniper Platinum Pre-Approval?

It also stated CL up to 7500. How generous do they tend to be?
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be careful!  Juniper (Barclays) lures you in with the low 7.9% APR and saying how they up credit lines easily and their supposed perks.

They pursued me twice by mail and gave me $6K last spring.  I pay online and around April I was one hour late in paying, they have an early deadline, like 3 or 4pm but I thought by 5pm would be OK.  It wasn't, got bumped to 11.9% immediately.  Ran a balance of $1200.  In early November I log in to see my CL was now $1200, and I'm maxed out.

I called, rep says due to credit review they lowered CL.  (Thank you Amex Scrooge)  I said, F U, close the account.  She said, "OH, but you've been a good customer and we don't want to lose you."  I said drop dead, keep your $1200 card, you already raised my APR back in spring and I've paid on time since.  Now you CLD.  What about an APR decrease after 6 months of ontime payments?  No response, so I closed the card regardless of what FICO says to do. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a recent and rather lengthy thread just like this about Juniper.

I got the 7.99 at %2500 and so far so good.

Message 4 of 7
guydiver
Established Contributor

I was watching a T.V. show last night called SPEEDERS.

A woman gets pulled over doing 75 in a 65 zone.

She says to the officer: "but officer, I thought there was an unwritten rule that you could go 10 mph over the posted speed limit". The officer laughs and writes her a ticket.

Moral of the story:

Never, Never, Ever be late. Period.

One hour or 10mph over. :-)

Message 5 of 7
marty56
Super Contributor

I got one a while back and HTSU warned me to be carefull.  I dont need a new credit card so I ignored it.

LOL keep getting BT offers from my Visa card company and for the last few months, my CC debt has been under 50 dollars.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 7
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

marty56 wrote:

I got one a while back and HTSU warned me to be carefull.  I dont need a new credit card so I ignored it.

I did? You did? Well, cool, then (I suppose!)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.