cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper any good??? & How many CC is good??

tag
oneilldn
Contributor

Re: Juniper any good??? & How many CC is good??

Well, never mind... I applied and got decline... they said cuz I dont have enough revolving accounts...lol. Smiley Very Happy The only revolving showing on my CR is Orchard, since the other two haven't show up yet. Well, I guess I will stay with just those, and maybey later apply for store charge card for a good mix.
02/2009- EQ 502/TU 516/EX 499
11/2009- EQ 701/TU 709/EX 721(fako)
03/2011- EQ 719/TU 729/EX 733 (by lender)

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the Oregon Community Credit union today and was denied due to my bk, which was discharged in 1/2007. I've heard of people getting approved for their cards not too long after bk, so I thought I had a good chance on getting approved, but I thought wrong. I only have 2 credit cards with balances on them, but they are maxed out at 940/1250 limit and 700/750 limit. The only reason why they are maxed out is because they currently have a 0% interest for 6mo and the other for 18mo. Both the accts will be paid off by September of this year, so maybe I can try applying for the Oregon card again. I did call the credit dept and spoke to a nice lady today for a reconsideration, and the answer was No. She stated that the main reason why the appl was declined was because of the 2 credit cards being maxed out, other than that it sounded like I had a good chance on getting approved. She said if I could get the balances down to 20% I could call back so they can pull a new report reflecting the changes to reconsider me for the card. My credit score should be between 630-660, no lates since my bk.
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied for the Oregon Community Credit union today and was denied due to my bk, which was discharged in 1/2007. I've heard of people getting approved for their cards not too long after bk, so I thought I had a good chance on getting approved, but I thought wrong. I only have 2 credit cards with balances on them, but they are maxed out at 940/1250 limit and 700/750 limit. The only reason why they are maxed out is because they currently have a 0% interest for 6mo and the other for 18mo. Both the accts will be paid off by September of this year, so maybe I can try applying for the Oregon card again. I did call the credit dept and spoke to a nice lady today for a reconsideration, and the answer was No. She stated that the main reason why the appl was declined was because of the 2 credit cards being maxed out, other than that it sounded like I had a good chance on getting approved. She said if I could get the balances down to 20% I could call back so they can pull a new report reflecting the changes to reconsider me for the card. My credit score should be between 630-660, no lates since my bk.

If I were you, I'd nurse those two cards you have for a long time and wait for your credit to improve.  Then if you do that and don't apply for new CCs for a couple of years you'll be able to get much better cards and CLs.  JMO.
Message 13 of 17
oneilldn
Contributor

Ok, so I thought I was giving up since I called the back door (credit analist) number for recon and got declined, but again I remember "never give up". So today I called back door number (Corporate office), and approved.Smiley Very Happy

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@oneilldn wrote:
Ok, so I thought I was giving up since I called the back door (credit analist) number for recon and got declined, but again I remember "never give up". So today I called back door number (Corporate office), and approved.Smiley Very Happy

Congrats

never give up.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilder:

Thanks for the advise! I think I will do that for now. I actually have a total of 6 credit cards since my bk discharged, and non of them have annual fees with rates ranging from 10%-20%. However, I do eventually want to add a credit union credit card to my portfolio by next year. Honestly, I was bummed out being declined by Juniper, but it's ok I will recover =) 

Chase Perfect Card balance $0/1000

Walmart store card GEMB balance $0/500

Orchard Platinum Visa $0/750

Cap1 MC $0/1250

Best Buy store card $700/750

Cap1 Visa $940/1250

Message 16 of 17
oneilldn
Contributor

tifannie,

Call the backdoor number (corporate offices), thats what I did and they turned around their decision and approved me.

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.