Contributor
oneilldn

Re: Juniper any good??? & How many CC is good??

Well, never mind... I applied and got decline... they said cuz I dont have enough revolving accounts...lol. :smileyvery-happy: The only revolving showing on my CR is Orchard, since the other two haven't show up yet. Well, I guess I will stay with just those, and maybey later apply for store charge card for a good mix.
02/2009- EQ 502/TU 516/EX 499
11/2009- EQ 701/TU 709/EX 721(fako)
03/2011- EQ 719/TU 729/EX 733 (by lender)

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Valued Member
tiffanie

I applied for the Oregon Community Credit union today and was denied due to my bk, which was discharged in 1/2007. I've heard of people getting approved for their cards not too long after bk, so I thought I had a good chance on getting approved, but I thought wrong. I only have 2 credit cards with balances on them, but they are maxed out at 940/1250 limit and 700/750 limit. The only reason why they are maxed out is because they currently have a 0% interest for 6mo and the other for 18mo. Both the accts will be paid off by September of this year, so maybe I can try applying for the Oregon card again. I did call the credit dept and spoke to a nice lady today for a reconsideration, and the answer was No. She stated that the main reason why the appl was declined was because of the 2 credit cards being maxed out, other than that it sounded like I had a good chance on getting approved. She said if I could get the balances down to 20% I could call back so they can pull a new report reflecting the changes to reconsider me for the card. My credit score should be between 630-660, no lates since my bk.
Regular Contributor
rebuilder

tiffanie wrote:
I applied for the Oregon Community Credit union today and was denied due to my bk, which was discharged in 1/2007. I've heard of people getting approved for their cards not too long after bk, so I thought I had a good chance on getting approved, but I thought wrong. I only have 2 credit cards with balances on them, but they are maxed out at 940/1250 limit and 700/750 limit. The only reason why they are maxed out is because they currently have a 0% interest for 6mo and the other for 18mo. Both the accts will be paid off by September of this year, so maybe I can try applying for the Oregon card again. I did call the credit dept and spoke to a nice lady today for a reconsideration, and the answer was No. She stated that the main reason why the appl was declined was because of the 2 credit cards being maxed out, other than that it sounded like I had a good chance on getting approved. She said if I could get the balances down to 20% I could call back so they can pull a new report reflecting the changes to reconsider me for the card. My credit score should be between 630-660, no lates since my bk.

If I were you, I'd nurse those two cards you have for a long time and wait for your credit to improve.  Then if you do that and don't apply for new CCs for a couple of years you'll be able to get much better cards and CLs.  JMO.
Contributor
oneilldn

Ok, so I thought I was giving up since I called the back door (credit analist) number for recon and got declined, but again I remember "never give up". So today I called back door number (Corporate office), and approved.:smileyvery-happy:

'NEVER GIVE UP"
Established Contributor
cartercorp

oneilldn wrote:
Ok, so I thought I was giving up since I called the back door (credit analist) number for recon and got declined, but again I remember "never give up". So today I called back door number (Corporate office), and approved.:smileyvery-happy:

Congrats

never give up.

Valued Member
tiffanie

Rebuilder:

Thanks for the advise! I think I will do that for now. I actually have a total of 6 credit cards since my bk discharged, and non of them have annual fees with rates ranging from 10%-20%. However, I do eventually want to add a credit union credit card to my portfolio by next year. Honestly, I was bummed out being declined by Juniper, but it's ok I will recover =) 

Chase Perfect Card balance $0/1000

Walmart store card GEMB balance $0/500

Orchard Platinum Visa $0/750

Cap1 MC $0/1250

Best Buy store card $700/750

Cap1 Visa $940/1250

Contributor
oneilldn

tifannie,

Call the backdoor number (corporate offices), thats what I did and they turned around their decision and approved me.

'NEVER GIVE UP"

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+