Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper approval

Wanted to let folks know that I was sent a Juniper "Pre-Selected" CC application and decided to give them a call this evening.  I asked the rep which bureaus they would pull from and if a BK7 would automatically disqualify me (I was discharged 14 months ago).  After being put on hold to get these answers, the rep came back and told me they could pull from either TU or EQ.  Since EX is my worst score, I knew a had a chance at approval.  My TU and EQ are at 670, but my EX is at 620 due to a judgement.  All three reports have my BK7 reported but the rep didn't think it was a factor.  Strictly score.  I gave them approval to start the app and pull my credit.  I was approved with a  $3500 CL at 8.99% for purchases and balance transfers.  My goal was to get a card with at least $2K CL to transfer $1K of balance from other high-interest cards.  I now have 1 card (Juniper at 38% util and the other three crappy cards at less than 10% utilization).  Much better than the three crappy cards with nearly 90% utilization on each.  I'm thinking this should help my score.  If you have a good TU or EQ score, Juniper seems to be a good choice.  I had to ask twice about the CL they gave me because the other three crappy cards would only give me a $600 limit (granted, I was only 4 months out of discharge when I applied for those).

Good luck and thank you for all the great advice in this forum.

Mike
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper approval

MikeC wrote:
Wanted to let folks know that I was sent a Juniper "Pre-Selected" CC application and decided to give them a call this evening.  I asked the rep which bureaus they would pull from and if a BK7 would automatically disqualify me (I was discharged 14 months ago).  After being put on hold to get these answers, the rep came back and told me they could pull from either TU or EQ.  Since EX is my worst score, I knew a had a chance at approval.  My TU and EQ are at 670, but my EX is at 620 due to a judgement.  All three reports have my BK7 reported but the rep didn't think it was a factor.  Strictly score.  I gave them approval to start the app and pull my credit.  I was approved with a  $3500 CL at 8.99% for purchases and balance transfers.  My goal was to get a card with at least $2K CL to transfer $1K of balance from other high-interest cards.  I now have 1 card (Juniper at 38% util and the other three crappy cards at less than 10% utilization).  Much better than the three crappy cards with nearly 90% utilization on each.  I'm thinking this should help my score.  If you have a good TU or EQ score, Juniper seems to be a good choice.  I had to ask twice about the CL they gave me because the other three crappy cards would only give me a $600 limit (granted, I was only 4 months out of discharge when I applied for those).

Good luck and thank you for all the great advice in this forum.

Mike

Congrats! I got the same offer in the mail today after being turned down for a Carnival Sea Miles card a few days back. I decided what the heck and went online and put in my "Pre-Selected" ID number and filled in the rest of the blanks only to get the 10 day processing message again. There is definitely something about me they don't like. I probably should have called like you did and talked with them instead.

They pulled TU on me which has a FICO score of 650 showing BK from '98 and UTL of 46.94%. I realize that is high, but on a brighter note, I got approved for an NFCU nRewards Visa today with $1000 CL and 12.99% interest. Not the best, but it is better than some I have. 

Message Edited by sleigh17 on 08-17-2007 08:59 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.