Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper/barkley...not reporting CL..just High Balance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper/barkley...not reporting CL..just High Balance

Opened a juniper traveocity card with 5K cl. 

Not sure if this is a good sign, but they are NOT reporting CL. Just a high balance...how does this inpact UTL?

Also, not listed under revolving accounts...Listed under a catagory that I have no other account under.

True Credit says listed as "other account: accounts in which the exact status is Unknown"  HUH?

any gurus or others with this situation? 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Juniper/barkley...not reporting CL..just High Balance

Sometimes when a new card appears on TrueCredit, it rambles around in various places until all three CRA's report. At various times my HELOC, Discover AU card, and AmEx charge card all showed up there initially before moving on to their proper locations.

Which one(s) is it showing on so far?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks Hauling,

all three are reporting the account, and all three are reporting the "High Balance" amount. 

what will this do to my UTL?
Message 3 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

thanks Hauling,

all three are reporting the account, and all three are reporting the "High Balance" amount.

what will this do to my UTL?

Well, if the high balance that is reporting is your current balance, it of course makes you look maxed out. If you have since paid that balance and a lower balance is reporting, that card's util will still be higher than it should be, so this is worth getting fixed.

I'd start by calling Juni/Barclays on Monday and ask them to check the coding on the card, to see if they are reporting it correctly. If they say that they are, then you'll have to move on to disputing with the CRA's, oh yay.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 6
maestro
Valued Member

My Juniper account is reported as "open" and the balance is not considered into my revolving utilization. The way Cap One used to report accounts as revolving with no credit limit, could have been detrimental to your score if the balance was over a prior high balance. Provided the account is reported as 'open', it should not have a negative impact on your revolving utilization.  Any balance will be factored into overrall utilization.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

maestro,

i will check, thats what i was unsure about...thanks
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.