Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper denied me for PIF'ing.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper denied me for PIF'ing.

Apped for a Performance Bicycle Rewards Mastercard as I purchase from them quite often & was denied. In the letter Juniper sent me they stated I was denied for my "inability to manage revolving credit". I can only assume that PIF'ing hurt me here as I always PIF each time on both my current cards. So I'm going to let a small balance carry over each month & try re-apping in 6 months. Should I maybe wait another year before apping for the same card?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper denied me for PIF'ing.

OMG- That is sooooo Junny

A big company like that needs to come up with a better reason-
I would recon-
Message 2 of 3
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Juniper denied me for PIF'ing.

Wow, that's harsh. But I guess they should get grudging acknowledgment for honesty: no interest income, no new card.

I suppose it comes down to how badly you want this card. Is it really worth paying interest when you don't need to in hopes of making Juniper smile?

I guess I would call them first. That's a pretty odd response to a PIF'er: "inability to manage revolving credit"? That sounds more like they're looking at some uglies that you're not aware of.

edit to add: on the oddity of Juniper, I defer to Timothy, who put up with them for ever so long! I'd still call, though.

Message Edited by haulingthescoreup on 02-26-2008 07:28 PM
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.