Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper going to variable rate?

tag
tommiej7533
Valued Member

Juniper going to variable rate?

Just received a notice from Juniper stating they are going to a variable rate. I have until Nov 27th

to determine if I want to keep the card open. Right now the new rate would be 14.9 % versus

my current rate of 8.99%.

Has anyone applied for the Barclays Card and if so is it a varible rate?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper going to variable rate?

hi,

i just got the same notice for my husbands juniper account. its going from a 8.99 to 14.99 variable too. We use this card as a back up in case we can't use our discover card somewhere. SOOOOO bye bye junni in to the sock drawer you go and welcome citi..its currently at 9.99 fixed rate. Smiley Wink

I wonder if there is some slim possibility they would reconsider and change it back to a fixed rate? hahahaha yeah right! If anyone has any luck getting them to do this PLEASE post your secret here!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

hi,

i just got the same notice for my husbands juniper account. its going from a 8.99 to 14.99 variable too. We use this card as a back up in case we can't use our discover card somewhere. SOOOOO bye bye junni in to the sock drawer you go and welcome citi..its currently at 9.99 fixed rate. Smiley Wink

I wonder if there is some slim possibility they would reconsider and change it back to a fixed rate? hahahaha yeah right! If anyone has any luck getting them to do this PLEASE post your secret here!

The credit card laws that will be going into effect in 2010 have caused many card issuers to go to a variable rate and end fixed rate offerings.

I expect very few cards to be fixed rate come january 2010.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got a letter from Juni today saying my card was going from 14.99% fixed to prime plus 11.74% (the prime rate is presently 3.25%, so for now, there's no change in my APR, but obviously, long-term, it will go up).  I had already received another letter earlier this year where the rate went up from 8.99% fixed to 14.99% fixed.  No big deal for me--I've been paying in full since re-entering the credit card world almost two years ago.
Message 4 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

A BofA credit analyst (one of the nice ones) told me that all their rates will be variable soon. I had been changed from 9.9%F to 9,9%V. I threw the question in on the pile with a bunch of other stuff trying to sniff around for a change back. No dice! I was told I was doing very was as it is - and since I knew that I didn't protest much.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.