cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper slashing CL for low utilization......

tag
treasureshell

Juniper slashing CL for low utilization......

OMG I am soooo angry right now, I just logged into my Juniper account to make a payment and noticed that my CL has gone from $2600 to $1600.  Last month, I had a balance of $1,900+ and I made a $400+ payment, so my current balance is around $1,511 ish.  With the new CL of $1,600 I am at 90%+ utilization of my card and I did not receive a notice in the mail notifying me of the decrease!!! 

I just called the CSR and I get the standard reply of "oh we reviewed your past utilization and has determine that $1,600 is better suited for you based on your current profile"...that's a lie!!! I got the card in May 2008 and I was NEVER late on any payment, in fact, all payments were made at least 10 days prior to due date.  And the guy kept on going saying "oh rest assure, we review everyone's file periodically and will make adjustment accordingly."   This is unbelivable!!! I have a FICO score close to 700 for the month December and this will definitely put a dent on my score now Smiley Sad

Is there anyone in a similar situation w/ Juniper?  Also, is there a backdoor number I can call to complain and possibly have them re-instate my CL?

Thanks for listening to my vent.....sigh..

angela

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Juniper slashing CL for low utilization......

Is there anyone in a similar situation w/ Juniper?  Also, is there a backdoor number I can call to complain and possibly have them re-instate my CL?

Almost everybody. This is the new trend. Most banks are doing this; just search CLD (credit limit decrease) on this formum and you'll have hours of fine reading.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the percentage rate of almost everyone?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost everyone%. I don't know exactly what it is you are asking. It hasn't happened to me yet so it must be someplace under 99% anyway.
Message Edited by beenthere on 12-23-2008 08:48 PM
Message 4 of 5
marty56
Super Contributor

These days carrying a medium/high balance over 1 billing cycle might flag you for a CLD.  Also your util on the card is not low.  Low is 9% or lower.  Since CCCs report high balance to the CRA, 1900 on 2600 is high and that probably spooked them.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.