Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Juniper

tag
duckman
Established Member

Juniper

Hi all.  Any comments on Juniper cc.  Barclays Bank underwrites these cards.  Interested in pros and cons of these cards.   Subprime or near prime or??  Thanks all.  By the way, where is Brammy? 
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Juniper

Brammy is MIA. Juniper is "mid-prime" if you will. Smiley Happy I have their Carnival Sea Miles card. No issues thus far.
Message 2 of 23
duckman
Established Member

Thanks much, was just wondering.  Then are they better than Wash/Mutual?
Message 3 of 23
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Define "better"? Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 23
duckman
Established Member

Okay, from the an APR, annual fee standpoint, and overall card impression and respectability.  For instance, I know that Wash/Mtl gives pretty nice CLI's but perhaps not Juniper.  But Wash is associated with Providian, which is/was subprime.   Thanks. 
Message 5 of 23
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Personally.. I would take Juniper over WAMU.
Message 6 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani,

If I may ask, why would you take Juniper over WAMU? 

I presently have a "pre-qualified" application from  Juniper.  I already have an open account with WAMU, but they really offer nothing.  I received my WAMU card in Sept., '06 and did a balance transfer.  My present balance is $1,897.00 with them and it is 0% until Jan., 2008.  The thing is, they don't offer ongoing balance transfers...., special offers, NOTHING.   My APR for purchases is currently 9.99% but I don't charge because of the outstanding balance transfer. I have an  8K credit limit which is sweet and the enhanced FICO score for credit cards is mediocre in that they stay  behind in reporting the true TU FICO score!

Thanks,
SandyK

Message 7 of 23
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sankofa wrote:
Tuscani,

If I may ask, why would you take Juniper over WAMU? 

I presently have a "pre-qualified" application from  Juniper.  I already have an open account with WAMU, but they really offer nothing.  I received my WAMU card in Sept., '06 and did a balance transfer.  My present balance is $1,897.00 with them and it is 0% until Jan., 2008.  The thing is, they don't offer ongoing balance transfers...., special offers, NOTHING.   My APR for purchases is currently 9.99% but I don't charge because of the outstanding balance transfer. I have an  8K credit limit which is sweet and the enhanced FICO score for credit cards is mediocre in that they stay  behind in reporting the true TU FICO score!

Thanks,
SandyK

Mostly personal preference. If WAMU works out better for you go for it.
Message 8 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Juniper tell me they report to TU regularly and the others sometimes
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani,

No...I was wondering if Juniper was better.   WAMU just didn't seem to offer much after I opened my account with them.  That's all. 

SandyK
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.