Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jupiter Credit Card Sucks - reduced my credit limit for no good reason

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jupiter Credit Card Sucks - reduced my credit limit for no good reason

I have a credit card from Apple bank, which was bought out by Jupiter Bank.  My transunion score was 752, but was reduced to 740 in December because "i made too much use of revolving credit - credit balance increase by $1,900.00", however TSU failed to account for the $4,000.00 payoff of another credit card, I had made in the beginning of December. I had zero balance on my Jupiter Card and no delinquencies and was planning on doing a balance transfer from a higher rate card, when they reduced my limit to $500.00.

They totally suck, I hope their bank fails and congress does not bail them out!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: Jupiter Credit Card Sucks - reduced my credit limit for no good reason

Unfortunately, Jupiter is not the only vendor doing this. Seems most institutions are either lowering lines, even on their good customers, or increasing rates. It's a sign of the times.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 15
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

You might see an interest rate increase soon on other cards... best to focus on paying down your balances as soon as possible before it happens to you.

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Juniper and I are still OK. Fingers crossed.
Message 4 of 15
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I had the limit on my Sea Miles card reduced from 13K down to 2.2K last week. Reason was not enough usage of the credit limit. They gave me back 1K when I called but due to the number of open accounts I currently have (8) it benefits me to keep the card open. I know they will never increase the limit on this card in the future so I am pretty much stuck with a low limit card now. 

Citi lowered my Pro from 15K down to 2.2K last week as well for the same reason. Since I have another Citi card I just closed this one before they could close it on me themselves. I prefer not to have a closed by credit grantor on my reports. 

Message 5 of 15
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Barclay/Juniper is notorious for CLD's. APRI's, too. They are a prime issuer but frequently treat their account holders as if they were sub-prime. They are very abritrary in their actions and hamhanded in their policy implementations. They have sent me some nice pre-app offers but I am steering way clear of them. I would much rather have a card from a nice CU and avoid the potential drama.
Message 6 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Junny absolutely refused to do anything with my SeaMiles card (lower APR, raise the CL), so they got a curb job.

Their CSRs were pretty nice, but definitely didn't know how to look away from the script. 

Here we go again...
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 9/08 I tried to use my Juniper card to pay my water bill online. DECLINED.????????

I called Juniper and was told that my account was SOLD to Bank of America.

Sure enough, 2 days later my new B of A card arrives in the mail with a new account number and balance transfer checks.

They NEVER notified me of this action, I had no way of knowing that they sold my account until I went to use the card and it was declined.

It would have been nice if they just wrote to me and told me that my account was being sold and the old card closed afterall I was with them for many years.

Message 8 of 15
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In 9/08 I tried to use my Juniper card to pay my water bill online. DECLINED.????????

I called Juniper and was told that my account was SOLD to Bank of America.

Sure enough, 2 days later my new B of A card arrives in the mail with a new account number and balance transfer checks.

They NEVER notified me of this action, I had no way of knowing that they sold my account until I went to use the card and it was declined.

It would have been nice if they just wrote to me and told me that my account was being sold and the old card closed afterall I was with them for many years.

Sounds like a blessing in disguise to be honest.

Here we go again...
Message 9 of 15
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

If that happened to me I would be thrilled!
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.