PenFed comes thru again!!!
I don't know the exact figures, but I'm willing to guess
that NFCU's and PenFed's apps have improved significantly
just from folks in this forum. Boy, are they happy! Smiley Happy
Congrats again!
CanDo
"The right attitude is everything"

Congrats, CarSalesman!

When I app'd on the phone, they asked how I heard of them. I said that I'm pretty active (!!!) on myFICO forums, and that several people had joined and were very impressed with their service. The CSR said, hmmmm, and took a few moments, and asked me to spell "myFICO." One way or another, we're on their radar now! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 20
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Just App'd PenFed

Yeah,you'd hope that everyone that is getting approved will be responsible (myself included) to keep a good thing going for others.
I really don't know how they give out CL's like that without taking some lumps but right now it is good for anyone who app w/ decent scores.
I remember reading some threads where JFCU ended up capping all new accounts w/ a 5k CL for at least 6 months.
I'm glad I app while the getting is good.
Who knows. Either way, congrats to Carsalesman.

Jax
Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 13 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Oh, that reminds me: all you new PenFed people, please scoot on over to whogavemecredit.com and enter your info! Be sure to say that it was EQ that was pulled, and add any info that you might think that others will find useful.

This is how that site works! Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

hauling-Done and done!

Thank you all for your advise, support, and help!
Message 15 of 20
Camilion
Regular Contributor

what is the minimum score you need to be approved please??? and can most people qualify to join these credit unions.. Im so afraid to apply because the words (Declined) make me cry average score is about 660 between the three
Ride the wind for it will carry you...
Follow the stars for they will guide you..
Believe in your dreams..
For they are your hearts desires...
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pentagon Fed Cu pulls EQ...

With a clean 660 I think there is a good chance of getting qualified with them...
Message 17 of 20
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

That might be about the lowest though. I'd feel safer with it a bit higher. Ideally, you won't have many recent inqs, and you'll have really low util.

PenFed pulls a hard inq on EQ when you just join. Then you can apply for the CC, car loan, etc.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smallfry wrote:
If you have a clean report and a relatively high score I can see Penfed giving you a credit card for 4K w/o income verification. Most ask for upwards of 15-20K to open.

I have a 4.5 year old judgement. I know that still hurts me a lot and especially with preferred creditors.

4K is really more than I need anyways. But I will likely CLI request before my INQ expires with them.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
Oh, that reminds me: all you new PenFed people, please scoot on over to whogavemecredit.com and enter your info! Be sure to say that it was EQ that was pulled, and add any info that you might think that others will find useful.

This is how that site works! Smiley Wink

It's rare that I app for anything, but I did make sure to submit my approval to this site.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.