Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 61 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K : PenFed Countered $10K

CapOne is the one with the real waiting game.....they approved but won't disclose a CL.....it comes with the CL which is supposedly to arrive within 7-10 "business days" meaning possibly 14-17 calendar days.
Message 62 of 76
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
CapOne is the one with the real waiting game.....they approved but won't disclose a CL.....it comes with the CL which is supposedly to arrive within 7-10 "business days" meaning possibly 14-17 calendar days.

You know how I feel about CapOne, so I won't bore you with that Smiley Wink but yeah that is another thing I don't like, having to wait to get your card to know what your limit is, that is asinine and when you find out its $500, you are stuck with an inquiry, a new account and no matter what you do, you are taking a hit.

Message 63 of 76
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

txjohn, which Capital One card did you apply for?

Message 64 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Card came today.  Read below for my story on CL and CSR experience. 

I app'ed for the No Hassle Miles "Ultra for Professional" which is just the Miles card with an AF of $39 and gives double rewards from dollar one.

Here is a link to specs: http://www.capitalone.com/creditcards/products/details/?sol=10891&tc=3&credit=0&linkid=WWW_0608_CARD...

I posted in the "capone myth" thread, here's a copy of the post:

New CapOne Reward Card (Miles Ultra for Professionals - double rewards) came today.......CL $3k.  Okay, I'm not thrilled, but I'm thinking, well when I combine the $1k, it'll be $4k, that will be okay for now, I guess.

Here's the kicker:  I can't combine/merge my original plain jane CapOne $1k with the new card cause I applied for a "specialty card" that cannot be combined with other accounts....system won't allow and she couldn't find any override".

So, I say, "okay....how about you CLI $1000 then new acct and just close the other.....no change in CL exposure for Capital One and I only have to manage a single account?"

CAP Answer:  "Sorry, new accounts aren't eligible for CLI for at least 90 days.  We could request a CLI on your other card though, you've had it for some time."

Me:  "I didn't want to keep the other card, I just wanted to have a single CapOne Reward card, but I don't want to throw my original CL away."

CAP:  "I'm sorry, new accounts aren't eligible for CLI for at least 90 days."

Me:  "So there's no way to combine the accounts, and no way to increas CLI on new account equal to old and close old?"

CAP:  "No sir."

Me:  "Fine....I can't understand why."

CAP:  "Thank you for calling CapOne.  Have I addressed all of your concerns to your satisfaction?"

Me:  no comment

And yes, I called two separate "backdoor" numbers talked to 3 people.

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-30-2009 01:37 PM
Message 65 of 76
Guardian
Valued Contributor

john, I just read and replied to you there, it sucks, I am sorry friend.

Message 66 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, well, if everything on all my recent apps and accounts had gone totally according to plan I wouldn't have appreciated the successes as much Smiley Happy

We'll see what happens down the road on it...

Message 67 of 76
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Don't worry, bumps are expected and part of the journey.

Message 68 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I might join PENFED last week so I did. I apped for the cash back Platinum Visa Travel Reward last Friday. My app still says pending and nothing else. Is it normal for them to take this long to give an answer? I asked for $6,000. My scores are in the low 700-740 range. I have only apped one other card in the last year.An AMEX Blue which I was approved for.

I've pretty much succumbed to the fact that I will be denied. Oh well. 

Message 69 of 76
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought I might join PENFED last week so I did. I apped for the cash back Platinum Visa Travel Reward last Friday. My app still says pending and nothing else. Is it normal for them to take this long to give an answer? I asked for $6,000. My scores are in the low 700-740 range. I have only apped one other card in the last year.An AMEX Blue which I was approved for.

I've pretty much succumbed to the fact that I will be denied. Oh well. 

Yes, its normal for them to take a while to get back to you, from beginning to end (meaning app to getting the card in your hand) about a month, give or day a couple of days. With everyone knowing that they are superior in this market, they are slammed and so they are dealing with ALOT of people, so give them a few days, they will keep you updated on what's going on along the way.

Message 70 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.