Reply
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K


txjohn wrote:

Hmm, I really am having a very different experience than everybody else.  No email notices on my Visa app...

 

And when you say the CSR's are very helpful and knowledgable, I am having the opposite the 2 times I called just to respond to their posted "COMMENTS"

 

They have been fairly cool, and a didn't really seem to be interested in my call....basically just tried to get it ended and very distant.

 

Well, it looks like it will be next week before I get an answer....it's Friday 7PM EST and still pending without comment.



It's Friday. They're tired. You're tired. Go drink a beer and run around the block. Well, OK, in reverse order: run around the block and then sit down and drink a beer. You've done all you can for now.

Like they said, they're busy. Word of the general superiority of credit unions is spreading, and the good ones are getting hammered.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,214
Registered: ‎09-12-2008
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K

Hey Hauling -  have a great weekend!  And you can have my beer....I just never did acquire the taste for it.  But I'll be happy knowing you are enjoying one for me! Smiley Very Happy 

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
Posts: 28,098
Registered: ‎04-01-2007
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K


txjohn wrote:
Hey Hauling -  have a great weekend!  And you can have my beer....I just never did acquire the taste for it.  But I'll be happy knowing you are enjoying one for me! Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks!

umm.. --brb

Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,148
Registered: ‎04-23-2008
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K

I'll pass on the beer but I'll take a nice Whiskey or Bourbon any day. On special occasions, a little Cognac. I feel bad, because we have totally hijacked this thread, thank god john's the OP. Smiley Very Happy

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800


Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K


txjohn wrote:

Hmm, I really am having a very different experience than everybody else.  No email notices on my Visa app...

 

And when you say the CSR's are very helpful and knowledgable, I am having the opposite the 2 times I called just to respond to their posted "COMMENTS"

 

They have been fairly cool, and a didn't really seem to be interested in my call....basically just tried to get it ended and very distant.

 

Well, it looks like it will be next week before I get an answer....it's Friday 7PM EST and still pending without comment.

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-27-2009 04:04 PM

I have never had a bad experience with any CSR or analyst ever. I may not have gotten what I wanted but I can truly say they were all at least civil.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,148
Registered: ‎04-23-2008
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K


smallfry wrote:

I have never had a bad experience with any CSR or analyst ever. I may not have gotten what I wanted but I can truly say they were all at least civil.


Agreed, they have always been civil and most often nice. So far other than ONE thing they said no to (politely mind you and it was out of their control) they have not even said no to anything yet Smiley Happy


Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800


Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,214
Registered: ‎09-12-2008
0

Final PenFed Decision in: Countered $10K

Well, I got home at 8pm (CST) and noticed that my PenFed Visa App status said COUNTER OFFER.  I couldn't open the comments for some reason and kept getting an error.

 

I also had received a letter from them stating that my Share account was restricted and that any deposits were subject to a 9 day hold.

 

So I called them up and this time "Meagan" was very sweet and helpful....guess the other two I just caught at the wrong time.

 

Evidently when my EQ file was locked and they couldn't get my CR, they put restrictions on my share account.  When I finally unlocked it and the Loan Dept pulled the CR, it didn't get passed on to the dept for Share accts....they still had it notated that the EQ file was unavailable.

 

When I add these events to the fact that because my EQ was locked, PenFed pulled my report AFTER Alliant CU, so I had a fresh, brand new inquiry just 24 hours old when PenFed finally got my CR.

 

Anyway, Meagan ran to Loans, got my file updated with a copy of the EQ CR.  She also told me what my counter offer was since I couldn't open the online COMMENTS......$10K.   I accepted and the status immediately showed APPROVED $10,0000.

 

QUESTION:  Has anyone been approved for more than $10k on initial app?  I have heard about going from $5k to $20.3k in 8 months....but was just wondering if anyone pulled anything more at app?

 

I also now wonder if my initial CL would have been more if my EQ had not been locked, PenFed had been the first EQ pull and therefor NO other inquiries in relation to my app?  I guess it's all theory at this point.

 

Anyway.....I made the club!  Smiley Happy

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator


09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,831
Registered: ‎04-20-2007
0

Re: Final PenFed Decision in: Countered $10K


txjohn wrote:

Well, I got home at 8pm (CST) and noticed that my PenFed Visa App status said COUNTER OFFER.  I couldn't open the comments for some reason and kept getting an error.

 

I also had received a letter from them stating that my Share account was restricted and that any deposits were subject to a 9 day hold.

 

So I called them up and this time "Meagan" was very sweet and helpful....guess the other two I just caught at the wrong time.

 

Evidently when my EQ file was locked and they couldn't get my CR, they put restrictions on my share account.  When I finally unlocked it and the Loan Dept pulled the CR, it didn't get passed on to the dept for Share accts....they still had it notated that the EQ file was unavailable.

 

When I add these events to the fact that because my EQ was locked, PenFed pulled my report AFTER Alliant CU, so I had a fresh, brand new inquiry just 24 hours old when PenFed finally got my CR.

 

Anyway, Meagan ran to Loans, got my file updated with a copy of the EQ CR.  She also told me what my counter offer was since I couldn't open the online COMMENTS......$10K.   I accepted and the status immediately showed APPROVED $10,0000.

 

QUESTION:  Has anyone been approved for more than $10k on initial app?  I have heard about going from $5k to $20.3k in 8 months....but was just wondering if anyone pulled anything more at app?

 

I also now wonder if my initial CL would have been more if my EQ had not been locked, PenFed had been the first EQ pull and therefor NO other inquiries in relation to my app?  I guess it's all theory at this point.

 

Anyway.....I made the club!  Smiley Happy


I've heard of 50K approvals but that was 2007. Congrats. You can walk it up in time. 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,148
Registered: ‎04-23-2008
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K : PenFed Countered $10K

Congrats. I was actually offered 25k when I applied and as I told hauling, only time will tell whether I made a mistake saying no and only asking for 10k. Now we heard from smallfry that 50k was offered too but I am sure the current strain on the market as well as the influx of new people probably has them being a bit more cautious. It could also be that their requirements are too strict and going higher would require spotless or near perfect, who knows. What counts is that you got it, congrats.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800


Senior Contributor
Posts: 3,696
Registered: ‎01-10-2008
0

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K : PenFed Countered $10K

HTSU and others have indicated these cards can grow at a brisk pace, so initial CL needn't be too concerning.  congrats!
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.