Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just App'ed PENFED for $25K : PenFed Countered $10K

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K

txjohn wrote:

Hmm, I really am having a very different experience than everybody else.  No email notices on my Visa app...

And when you say the CSR's are very helpful and knowledgable, I am having the opposite the 2 times I called just to respond to their posted "COMMENTS"

They have been fairly cool, and a didn't really seem to be interested in my call....basically just tried to get it ended and very distant.

Well, it looks like it will be next week before I get an answer....it's Friday 7PM EST and still pending without comment.

It's Friday. They're tired. You're tired. Go drink a beer and run around the block. Well, OK, in reverse order: run around the block and then sit down and drink a beer. You've done all you can for now.

Like they said, they're busy. Word of the general superiority of credit unions is spreading, and the good ones are getting hammered.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 31 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Hauling -  have a great weekend!  And you can have my beer....I just never did acquire the taste for it.  But I'll be happy knowing you are enjoying one for me! Smiley Very Happy 
Message 32 of 76
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

txjohn wrote:
Hey Hauling -  have a great weekend!  And you can have my beer....I just never did acquire the taste for it.  But I'll be happy knowing you are enjoying one for me! Smiley Very Happy 

Thanks!

umm.. --brb

Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 33 of 76
Guardian
Valued Contributor

I'll pass on the beer but I'll take a nice Whiskey or Bourbon any day. On special occasions, a little Cognac. I feel bad, because we have totally hijacked this thread, thank god john's the OP. Smiley Very Happy

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 34 of 76
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm, I really am having a very different experience than everybody else.  No email notices on my Visa app...

And when you say the CSR's are very helpful and knowledgable, I am having the opposite the 2 times I called just to respond to their posted "COMMENTS"

They have been fairly cool, and a didn't really seem to be interested in my call....basically just tried to get it ended and very distant.

Well, it looks like it will be next week before I get an answer....it's Friday 7PM EST and still pending without comment.

Message Edited by txjohn on 03-27-2009 04:04 PM

I have never had a bad experience with any CSR or analyst ever. I may not have gotten what I wanted but I can truly say they were all at least civil.

Message 35 of 76
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

I have never had a bad experience with any CSR or analyst ever. I may not have gotten what I wanted but I can truly say they were all at least civil.

Agreed, they have always been civil and most often nice. So far other than ONE thing they said no to (politely mind you and it was out of their control) they have not even said no to anything yet Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 76
Anonymous
Not applicable

Final PenFed Decision in: Countered $10K

Well, I got home at 8pm (CST) and noticed that my PenFed Visa App status said COUNTER OFFER.  I couldn't open the comments for some reason and kept getting an error.

I also had received a letter from them stating that my Share account was restricted and that any deposits were subject to a 9 day hold.

So I called them up and this time "Meagan" was very sweet and helpful....guess the other two I just caught at the wrong time.

Evidently when my EQ file was locked and they couldn't get my CR, they put restrictions on my share account.  When I finally unlocked it and the Loan Dept pulled the CR, it didn't get passed on to the dept for Share accts....they still had it notated that the EQ file was unavailable.

When I add these events to the fact that because my EQ was locked, PenFed pulled my report AFTER Alliant CU, so I had a fresh, brand new inquiry just 24 hours old when PenFed finally got my CR.

Anyway, Meagan ran to Loans, got my file updated with a copy of the EQ CR.  She also told me what my counter offer was since I couldn't open the online COMMENTS......$10K.   I accepted and the status immediately showed APPROVED $10,0000.

QUESTION:  Has anyone been approved for more than $10k on initial app?  I have heard about going from $5k to $20.3k in 8 months....but was just wondering if anyone pulled anything more at app?

I also now wonder if my initial CL would have been more if my EQ had not been locked, PenFed had been the first EQ pull and therefor NO other inquiries in relation to my app?  I guess it's all theory at this point.

Anyway.....I made the club!  Smiley Happy

Message 37 of 76
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Final PenFed Decision in: Countered $10K

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I got home at 8pm (CST) and noticed that my PenFed Visa App status said COUNTER OFFER.  I couldn't open the comments for some reason and kept getting an error.

I also had received a letter from them stating that my Share account was restricted and that any deposits were subject to a 9 day hold.

So I called them up and this time "Meagan" was very sweet and helpful....guess the other two I just caught at the wrong time.

Evidently when my EQ file was locked and they couldn't get my CR, they put restrictions on my share account.  When I finally unlocked it and the Loan Dept pulled the CR, it didn't get passed on to the dept for Share accts....they still had it notated that the EQ file was unavailable.

When I add these events to the fact that because my EQ was locked, PenFed pulled my report AFTER Alliant CU, so I had a fresh, brand new inquiry just 24 hours old when PenFed finally got my CR.

Anyway, Meagan ran to Loans, got my file updated with a copy of the EQ CR.  She also told me what my counter offer was since I couldn't open the online COMMENTS......$10K.   I accepted and the status immediately showed APPROVED $10,0000.

QUESTION:  Has anyone been approved for more than $10k on initial app?  I have heard about going from $5k to $20.3k in 8 months....but was just wondering if anyone pulled anything more at app?

I also now wonder if my initial CL would have been more if my EQ had not been locked, PenFed had been the first EQ pull and therefor NO other inquiries in relation to my app?  I guess it's all theory at this point.

Anyway.....I made the club!  Smiley Happy

I've heard of 50K approvals but that was 2007. Congrats. You can walk it up in time. 

Message 38 of 76
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K : PenFed Countered $10K

Congrats. I was actually offered 25k when I applied and as I told hauling, only time will tell whether I made a mistake saying no and only asking for 10k. Now we heard from smallfry that 50k was offered too but I am sure the current strain on the market as well as the influx of new people probably has them being a bit more cautious. It could also be that their requirements are too strict and going higher would require spotless or near perfect, who knows. What counts is that you got it, congrats.

Message 39 of 76
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Just App'ed PENFED for $25K : PenFed Countered $10K

HTSU and others have indicated these cards can grow at a brisk pace, so initial CL needn't be too concerning.  congrats!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 40 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.