cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Applied for CSP!

Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!

Thanks everyone! I'm really happy too!

@thom02099
I searched via the Ultimate Rewards mall and all the prices were about $230 more compared to my Agents pricing? So wouldn't it be better to order through agent Nd get 2% cash back on travel ?
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 21 of 31
Super Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!

Great shot and a hell of a score...Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 31
Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!

Congrats!

 

of course the most impressive thing on your credit profile is the 1k limit on the Kohls card!

 

I've been at 300 for 4 years.



I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 23 of 31
Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!

@myjourney

Thanks! To be honest, wasn't expecting such a high limit Smiley Happy

@londonogfan
Really? I haven't called them ever since I got the card. Rarely ever shop there anymore, but my wife used to do a ton of shopping. Now that you mention it, I'm going to give them a call and ask for increase. See what they say Smiley Wink
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 24 of 31
Established Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!

I keep telling my self every morning I will not apply untill April , I will not apply until april.



TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!


Message 25 of 31
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!


Bobert22 wrote:
Thanks everyone! I'm really happy too!

@thom02099
I searched via the Ultimate Rewards mall and all the prices were about $230 more compared to my Agents pricing? So wouldn't it be better to order through agent Nd get 2% cash back on travel ?

Sounds like you've got a good agent and it really is a YMMV thang.  I've only recently checked trips to NZ and UR was comparable to what was offered elsewhere.  I wonder if the 20% is applied once you put a trip in the cart and get ready to pay?

EX = 849 EQ = 850 TU = 850 as of 07/2017
Retired and Retiring Cards!
Message 26 of 31
Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!

@thom02099

Yeah that's what I was wondering as well? If its 20% applied afterwards, then the UR mall is definitely a better deal.
Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Message 27 of 31
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!


Bobert22 wrote:
@thom02099

Yeah that's what I was wondering as well? If its 20% applied afterwards, then the UR mall is definitely a better deal.

Wonder also if there's a difference between domestic vs international flights....and flights only versus package deals.  I've been looking at a "Lord of the Rings" tour of NZ for 15-21 days and they were very competitively priced for packages, at least with my beginning searches. 

EX = 849 EQ = 850 TU = 850 as of 07/2017
Retired and Retiring Cards!
Message 28 of 31
Senior Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!

Wow! Congratulations on the card and awesome limit!

 

CSP is my target card. 

Message 29 of 31
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Applied for CSP!


thom02099 wrote:

Bobert22 wrote:
Thanks everyone! I'm really happy too!

@thom02099
I searched via the Ultimate Rewards mall and all the prices were about $230 more compared to my Agents pricing? So wouldn't it be better to order through agent Nd get 2% cash back on travel ?

Sounds like you've got a good agent and it really is a YMMV thang.  I've only recently checked trips to NZ and UR was comparable to what was offered elsewhere.  I wonder if the 20% is applied once you put a trip in the cart and get ready to pay?


You only get the 20% if using UR points to pay for travel, so basically 1 UR point is worth 1.25c instread or the typical 1 cent

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 30 of 31