cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Applied for Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer !!!! Got 2 Weeks decision!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Just Applied for Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer !!!! Got 2 Weeks decision!!!!

I just applied for Chase United Explorer Card. I didn't get instant approved.  Got the following message:

We need to review your application to make a decision. 

Does it mean" I got denied"?  Did I make mistake to apply for the card?  My TU FICO was 747 as of Dec 5 and EQ was 801 as of Dec 5. My utlization was 1%. AAOA: 5yrs.

Thanks for reading.  

Ron.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Re: Just Applied for Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer !!!! Got 2 Weeks decision!!!!

Recon Recon Recon.  I had worse and got approved.

Message 2 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Just Applied for Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer !!!! Got 2 Weeks decision!!!!

@Tryon2improve wrote:

Recon Recon Recon.  I had worse and got approved.

Thanks for reply. What was your score when you applied? Won't you mind to tell me how much they gave you?

Ron.

Message 3 of 23
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

676 got $5k after my CLI reported on Discover to $5,700

Message 4 of 23
etothejomegan
Valued Member

You're not gonna get denied. Even if you're denied, just recon. I think this card pulls EX. My score was lower and I was approved for significantly over 5000. I did have existing relationship with Chase though.

Message 5 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:

676 got $5k after my CLI reported on Discover to $5,700

WoW!!!! Thanks for sharing.  They're very generous. Did you talk to credit analyst? 

Ron.

Message 6 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@etothejomegan wrote:

You're not gonna get denied. Even if you're denied, just recon. I think this card pulls EX. My score was lower and I was approved for significantly over 5000. I did have existing relationship with Chase though.

Thanks for your reply. I have banking relationship and credit cards relationship with Chase. Last time they pulled TU.  That was almost two years ago. 

Ron.

Message 7 of 23
Tryon2improve
Regular Contributor

Yes, because I had a forclosure 2.5 years ago, they only wanted to look at any new credit issued since the forclosure.  I had a new Discover that was reporting at on $1,700 at the time of app and he said the minumum the card allows for is $2k.  He said once the CLI reported to call back  and I did an was approved.  They would only match my largest CL since the Forclosure.

Message 8 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Tryon2improve wrote:

Yes, because I had a forclosure 2.5 years ago, they only wanted to look at any new credit issued since the forclosure.  I had a new Discover that was reporting at on $1,700 at the time of app and he said the minumum the card allows for is $2k.  He said once the CLI reported to call back  and I did an was approved.  They would only match my largest CL since the Forclosure.

Congrats on your approval!!! They were nice to you.  You wouldn't get approved if they were BofA.

Ron.

Message 9 of 23
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Call and recon already - and let us know what they gave you.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.