cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Applied for Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer !!!! Got 2 Weeks decision!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Just Applied for Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer !!!! Got 2 Weeks decision!!!!

@Repo-ed wrote:

Call and recon already - and let us know what they gave you.

Thanks!!! I will. I just called they're not open. If they don't approve, I can use Amex PR or Travelocity Amex to buy the ticket.

Ron.

Message 11 of 23
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Re: Just Applied for Chase United Mileage Plus Explorer !!!! Got 2 Weeks decision!!!!

I think you'll be approved but the instant decision might be due to what, 4 Freedom cards?
Message 12 of 23
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Keep us posted, hope you get it! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I think you'll be approved but the instant decision might be due to what, 4 Freedom cards?

It could be... I asked them if I could convert one of them. They told me I have to apply for the card. 

Ron.

Message 14 of 23
HiLine
Blogger

@Ron1 wrote:

@Tryon2improve wrote:

Yes, because I had a forclosure 2.5 years ago, they only wanted to look at any new credit issued since the forclosure.  I had a new Discover that was reporting at on $1,700 at the time of app and he said the minumum the card allows for is $2k.  He said once the CLI reported to call back  and I did an was approved.  They would only match my largest CL since the Forclosure.

Congrats on your approval!!! They were nice to you.  You wouldn't get approved if they were BofA.

Ron.

I don't know. Chase denied me even a Freedom, whereas BofA gave me a Visa Signature.

Message 15 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Epcot wrote:
Keep us posted, hope you get it! Smiley Happy

Thank you!!! Smiley Happy  I might get answer next week. Hopefully.

Ron.

Message 16 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

No worries Ron! Seems they like to do a lot of manual reviews lately and/or manual card building Smiley Tongue my CS took 5 days to process and become "approved" without any intervention from me!

Message 17 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

I pulled triple credit report and they pulled both EXP and TU this morning.  I don't know they pulled EQ. MPM could pull EQ for some reason.  I called the status line and it's still under review.

Ron.

Message 18 of 23
rtw
Established Contributor

Please keep us posted. I'm interested in the outcome. Good luck!

Starting Score: EX: 575 (PSECU 5/2/12) TU: 582 (3/6/12) EQ: 664 (4/27/12)
Current Score: EX: 699 (PSECU 06/04/14) 702 (my FICO 08/05/14) TU: 699 (08/01/14) EQ: 675 (07/08/14)
Goal Score: 720
20K PSECU 7/12 | 12K USAA 9/12 | 11K BOA 1-2-3 9/12 | 9K Citi HHonors 9/12 | 8.5K Citi AAdvantage 5/08 | 5K Chase Sapphire Pref. 9/12 | 3.8K Barclays USAir 7/12 | 6K Walmart Dis. 11/12 | 1K Amex SPG 11/12 | 2K Amex BCP 1/13
Message 19 of 23
Ron1
Super Contributor

UPDATE: Chase United Denied!!!! Need to call verify info!!!!

I called Chase backdoor number and they told me my apps was denied. They need to verify some info and the denial letter was sent out last week. What are my chances to get approved? By the way, that dept is not open today and they will open on Wednesday.

Ron.

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.