cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Applied for PNC Cash Builder Visa!!!!

tag
Ron1
Super Contributor

Re: Just Applied for PNC Cash Builder Visa!!!!

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just applied for PNC CashBuilder Visa online and I didn't get instantly approved. I got the following message:

Your application for a PNC CashBuilder® Visa® credit card is under review and you will receive a decision via email within 1-2 business days.

Thank you for choosing PNC Bank.

What are my chances to get approved? I currently have PNC Everyday Rewards Card. My EXP is around 780. INQ:12 (2 years). 

I just checked MPM and they pulled EXP.

Ron.

I somehow knew you were going to pull the trigger on this one Ron!  LOL.  Well I heard PNC can be weird if you don't have a relationship with them but in this case you sort of do by the other card you have with them.  I guess I would be curious to know!

Have you heard anything yet from BBVA? 

Finstar,

I might get denied. Who knows. By the way, I have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa. I don't know I will get approved. I closed PNC Checking and savings because they started charging maintence fee.  I think I still have some banking relationship with them.

By the way, I haven't heard from BBVA Compass. They pulled TU yesterday. I just have to be patience waiting for the decision.

What about your Christmas gift from Santa? Smiley Happy It took almost a month now.

Ron.

Really? I have a free checking account with PNC, they only charge a fee for checks! They did recently send notice that they will charge a fee if certin terms aren't met, like mataining a certain balance, or having so much money in a direct deposit monthly and being a certain age, I had to meet at least 1 of those requirements at least i think, and anyway i have so, there basically low ball requirements. As for savings though i did notice their savings accounts if you can do a auto transfer of $400 a month or more into your savings then it's free too, so I don't think there's a reason to close your accounts unless you are somehow unable to make these low ball requirements, maybe if you have so many credit cards what you could do is if you keep getting 0% offers on any of those accounts just write your self a check every now and then and pop it in the checking and savings accounts so you can help even things out so you won't be charged any fees.

Just saying!  Smiley Wink

I don't live in Pittsburgh,PA.  It is a pain for me to manage it. I have other accounts from others. So I don't need extra one to worry.

Ron.

What does living in Pittsburgh PA have to do with it?? they have banks all over. Within my county i live in in PA, there are 5 PNC Banks in a somewhat close area plus there's a regional office not too far from me, their regional office used to be the corporate office of the local bank i used to have but they got caught cooking the books and PNC bought them and was nice enough to keep the branch employees, and they are a larger bank compaired to local banks, They might not be as large as Bank of America but they are big. I would say besides PNC the next largest bank around here is Susquehanna Bank, they have recently been buying up some smaller banks, Their Corporate Office is like maybe 20 minutes away from me depending on how bad traffice is, But Susquehanna doesn't do their own credit cards, they have used FIA, and now they use ELAN Financial, but Susquehanna is like the next largest bank around here. I don't wish to give up to much info due to privacy concerns, but If you heard of Susquehanna Bank then you may have more of an idea of what area i live around.

It is convenient to get access for my money. There is no no PNC Bank in my area. They are going to charge ATM fees if I use my ATM card.

Ron.

Message 41 of 56
Ron1
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:
And, how do you rate your recent experience with the PNC CC?  IIRC, there was a thread on your most recent approval.  What was your take on that linux?  $500 CL right?

It did take a while to have my app reviewed for approved, i had to keep calling and only getting approved for $500 was a slap in the face, but they approved me. I don't like that they took a while to review and approve, I'm used to calling backdoors and have the analysts review while i'm on the call which i think is better so they can ask me questions and get a better understanding of me. It was a slap in the face too when i was getting denied from them before when they sent me the denial letter rudely written. I almost makes me feel like Capital One is the best ever!

So if i had to give it a rating from A+ to F- I would give it a C-

For a moment I thought this would rate like a D in your view.  OK, so average.  So, you're saying there was no BDN contacts that you could speak to or was this going back and forth with your banker as far as the progress of your app?

A C- isn't as average as a C is, anyway I called the back door each time and the way PNC seems to do things is in the order it was recieved so each app is placed in a queue.

Oh I see.  So C- (below average).  Very interesting process they have then.  As I was mentioning to barbaralee in my previous posts, depending on Ron's outcome, I may put this one on hold for a minute.

Ok, it is much better than HSBC, Credit One, First Premiere. Smiley Happy

Ron.

Message 42 of 56
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

I just applied for PNC CashBuilder Visa online and I didn't get instantly approved. I got the following message:

Your application for a PNC CashBuilder® Visa® credit card is under review and you will receive a decision via email within 1-2 business days.

What are my chances to get approved? I currently have PNC Everyday Rewards Card. My EXP is around 780. INQ:12 (2 years). 

Ron.

I somehow knew you were going to pull the trigger on this one Ron!  LOL.  Well I heard PNC can be weird if you don't have a relationship with them but in this case you sort of do by the other card you have with them.  I guess I would be curious to know!

Finstar,

I might get denied. Who knows. By the way, I have PNC Everyday Rewards Visa. I don't know I will get approved. I closed PNC Checking and savings because they started charging maintence fee.  I think I still have some banking relationship with them.

By the way, I haven't heard from BBVA Compass. They pulled TU yesterday. I just have to be patience waiting for the decision.

What about your Christmas gift from Santa? Smiley Happy It took almost a month now.

Ron.

Really? I have a free checking account with PNC, they only charge a fee for checks! They did recently send notice that they will charge a fee if certin terms aren't met, like mataining a certain balance, or having so much money in a direct deposit monthly and being a certain age, I had to meet at least 1 of those requirements at least i think, and anyway i have so, there basically low ball requirements. As for savings though i did notice their savings accounts if you can do a auto transfer of $400 a month or more into your savings then it's free too, so I don't think there's a reason to close your accounts unless you are somehow unable to make these low ball requirements, maybe if you have so many credit cards what you could do is if you keep getting 0% offers on any of those accounts just write your self a check every now and then and pop it in the checking and savings accounts so you can help even things out so you won't be charged any fees.

I don't live in Pittsburgh,PA.  It is a pain for me to manage it. I have other accounts from others. So I don't need extra one to worry.

Ron.

What does living in Pittsburgh PA have to do with it?? they have banks all over. Within my county i live in in PA, there are 5 PNC Banks in a somewhat close area plus there's a regional office not too far from me, their regional office used to be the corporate office of the local bank i used to have but they got caught cooking the books and PNC bought them and was nice enough to keep the branch employees, and they are a larger bank compaired to local banks, They might not be as large as Bank of America but they are big. I would say besides PNC the next largest bank around here is Susquehanna Bank, they have recently been buying up some smaller banks, Their Corporate Office is like maybe 20 minutes away from me depending on how bad traffice is, But Susquehanna doesn't do their own credit cards, they have used FIA, and now they use ELAN Financial, but Susquehanna is like the next largest bank around here. I don't wish to give up to much info due to privacy concerns, but If you heard of Susquehanna Bank then you may have more of an idea of what area i live around.

It is convenient to get access for my money. There is no no PNC Bank in my area. They are going to charge ATM fees if I use my ATM card.

Ron.

Oh i see... then your off the hook my Sir Ron!.... LOL! There one of the few banks around though that have really low ball requirements to maintain an account though, I saw bank of america has higher requirements and they were going th charge some sort of fee for something awhile back but everyone complained and they backed down.

Are there any bigger banks in your area that may offer free accounts? More importantly do you travel alot outside of your local area? If not then maybe a smaller local bank or credit union might work for you instead as many others here may suggest.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 43 of 56
Ron1
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Finstar,

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

Oh i see... then your off the hook my Sir Ron!.... LOL! There one of the few banks around though that have really low ball requirements to maintain an account though, I saw bank of america has higher requirements and they were going th charge some sort of fee for something awhile back but everyone complained and they backed down.

Are there any bigger banks in your area that may offer free accounts? More importantly do you travel alot outside of your local area? If not then maybe a smaller local bank or credit union might work for you instead as many others here may suggest.

Yes, we have BBVA Compass, USAA,  offer free checking. It is convenient. I haven't opened BBVA Compass yet.

Ron.

Message 44 of 56
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Finstar,

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

Yes, we have BBVA Compass, USAA,  offer free checking. It is convenient. I haven't opened BBVA Compass yet.

Ron.

USAA seems nice they have that TV comercial about the kids getting auto insurance passed down to them. lol. Smiley Very Happy 

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 45 of 56
barbaralee
Established Contributor

Sigh. Iphone is so sensitive.

Anyway, I use to work for USAA Credit Card Services. I personally think the cards are lackluster (or at least they were at the time, I have not kept up with them), but the reps are definitely trained to be all about the member, and do everything that we can do to make them happy. I quit right before Christmas, so I was waving fees and interest left and right up to $300 for one statement. Some people all they had to do was say "I am having a rough year" and I said "INTEREST WAIVED for the month!"
No one looked twice at me. As long as I was within their set criteria for waiving fees it was all good.

It all ended on a bad note, though, after I waived $275 worth of interest for this one guy and his response to me was an indignant: "Is that the best you can do?" Granted he owed the bank 20k, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth, geez.

Message 46 of 56
Ron1
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@linux007969 wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Ron1 wrote:

Ron.

Finstar,

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

Ron.

USAA seems nice they have that TV comercial about the kids getting auto insurance passed down to them. lol. Smiley Very Happy 

They do more than auto insurance. They also have credit cards, auto loans and mortgages. Their primarily customers are military. They are not credit unions. They are bank.  They have a couple of services centers and ATMS in my area.

Ron.

Message 47 of 56
Ron1
Super Contributor

@barbaralee wrote:

Anyway, I use to work for USAA Credit Card Services. I personally think the cards are lackluster (or at least they were at the time, I have not kept up with them), but the reps are definitely trained to be all about the member, and do everything that we can do to make them happy. I quit right before Christmas, so I was waving fees and interest left and right up to $300 for one statement. Some people all they had to do was say "I am having a rough year" and I said "INTEREST WAIVED for the month!"
No one looked twice at me. As long as I was within their set criteria for waiving fees it was all good.

It all ended on a bad note, though, after I waived $275 worth of interest for this one guy and his response to me was an indignant: "Is that the best you can do?" Granted he owed the bank 20k, but don't look a gift horse in the mouth, geez.

USAA is a mix bag. Some like them and some don't like.  Their rewards are just average.  People like them because they got approved a BIG CL. like NFCU. They are no longer to open to public any more.

Ron.

Message 48 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@barbaralee wrote:

Are you kidding?  Wow, the nerve of some people I tell ya.  I guess, in all reality, the bank didn't really have to waive those f/c's but in the interest of customer service you were able and willing to assist him and this is the lovely way people go about expressing their thanks...very sad indeed.

So how did you like working for USAA?  I have CC's and life insurance polcies with them.

Message 49 of 56
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Ron1 wrote:

@barbaralee wrote:

USAA is a mix bag. Some like them and some don't like.  Their rewards are just average.  People like them because they got approved a BIG CL. like NFCU. They are no longer to open to public any more.

Ron.

I guess I was lucky when I served in the USAF I was able to sign up with them many moons ago.  Back then, I had no clue about NFCU.  If I had known then what I know now...LOL. 

Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.