Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just Approved For Apple Barclay

tag
Naro
Established Member

Just Approved For Apple Barclay

Just got approved for barclay financing,i got  awarded a 2000 dollar credit limit, my highest yet. Also, I was wondering two months ago I applied and got denied because too many inquiries, but when I applied I didn't mark that I was a student. So today, the same amount of inquires, I marked I was a student and I was approved for a card. Does the option of being a student lower the bar for approval.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tristate
Contributor

Re: Just Approved For Apple Barclay

Congrats on getting that card! Do you mind sharing what your score is ? I'm planning to apply for Barclays next year.

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 2 of 10
MountainHiker
Established Contributor

Congrats to you I'm sure its well deserved.I see a Apple computer in your futureSmiley Happy

EQ-732FICO,EX-PLUS 740,TU-725FICO
Goal 750 Across

NFCU Signature Cash Rewards Visa, Chase Freedom Visa, Wells Fargo Visa Secured
Message 3 of 10
aloush11
Regular Contributor

Congrats!
Message 4 of 10
iMacDrew
Frequent Contributor

are any of those inqs from 2 months ago older than 6 months today?

Lender pulled 10-10-13
EQ Fico 715 | EX Fico 714 | TU Fico 703
Message 5 of 10
Naro
Established Member

I am pretty sure they are not 6 months old. My fico score from here is a 725 my oldest account is about 11 months.

Message 6 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Naro wrote:

Just got approved for barclay financing,i got  awarded a 2000 dollar credit limit, my highest yet. Also, I was wondering two months ago I applied and got denied because too many inquiries, but when I applied I didn't mark that I was a student. So today, the same amount of inquires, I marked I was a student and I was approved for a card. Does the option of being a student lower the bar for approval.

Barclay's computer approval systems are weird most of the time. They like to decline for too many INQ's but a recon usually bypass's them. The student mark probably didn't change anything.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 10
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the new card and the future computer! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 8 of 10
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Naro wrote:

Barclay's computer approval systems are weird most of the time. They like to decline for too many INQ's but a recon usually bypass's them. The student mark probably didn't change anything.

This is very true.

Message 9 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'm so tempted to apply for this card because I keep seeing threads about people getting approved. haha. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.